Pig Planet: The Adventures of Baozi and Ace

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Aww! Ace is looking wonderful! So pleased she is feeling better.

I personally feel lone guineas miss out by not having a companion and agree with Lovemypig and Crazy4me's comments.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:18 pm

Unless you have a lone piggy who doesn't think she's a piggy! ; )

pigwidgeon

Post   » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:51 am

Bugs Mom - LOL I always used to call Baozi the pig who thought she was a human. :') She used to wheek whenever I brought human food in the room and i swear she thought she was one of us.

Thank you for your replies. I still had a feeling I couldn't replace piggy company. I think if I looked for an older more mellow pig they'd have a higher chance of getting along? I'm new to the whole intro thing. Also, quarantine might be difficult given my current living situation but I would have to work something out. I might have to wait till I can move out into my own place. At least I know Ace won't be unhappy in the meantime.

pigwidgeon

Post   » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:02 am

Just wanted to share some cute pictures of little Ace from tonight:

Her chin was wet from eating a cucumber slice. I haven't noticed any drooling when she eats drier food like hay, so it's probably the moisture from the cucumber.

This morning, Ace wheeked for her breakfast and woke me up! Ace has always been a mostly silent piggy, so her wheeks are always a special occasion. She has been getting bolder lately and will beg for food and try to put her little feet on the cuddle sack. She is now and has always been a sweet little lap pig, but not very active. Hopefully she will improve more on the metacam.

I still miss little Baozi so much. I still feel sad when I see Ace curled up all alone in the cage. Finding her a friend is looking more and more hopeless since my family are still being a pain and I am not in a position to move out. I am so weary of my family and their BS already. But I'll save that for the whine and cheese thread. Ace still gets lots of extra cuddles and attention from me and has a stuffed toy in her cage that I hope makes her feel less alone. I'd still feel better if she had a friend. I really don't know what I am going to do about this problem. I will have to work something out.

Crazy4me

Post   » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:59 am

I love the pictures!! Ace looks to be more alert and comfortable. I am sorry about your family; I get what you are going through. My parents are the exact same way, it doesn't matter if I am paying everything (food, medical care, supplies) for my pig or not, in their eyes I shouldn't have them period!

Sometimes you wonder if it is just their way of trying to control things. It really is a hard position to be in because you know what is best for Ace and yet they are holding you back.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:05 am

Ace has the coolest lips! I love the checkerboard pattern!!!

pigwidgeon

Post   » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:30 am

Little Ace has been very hyper lately (well, for Ace). I don't know what's up with her. She has been very squeaky, especially today. She's squeaked more today than she probably has the whole time we had her. I'm not sure what's up with her sudden vocalness. This morning, she wheeked for food and woke me up. I fed her, and later, my Mom came in and she jumped out of the hay bin and trotted over to my Mom wheeking (probably because she knew I just fed her, so the likelihood of food coming from my Mom was higher). That is really uncharacteristic for Ace, who was always a shy and timid piggy (this behavior is classic Baozi, however). Now, Baozi used to squeak so much that I was convinced she enjoyed the sound of her own voice, but Ace was generally silent. Only in the past few days has Ace suddenly found her voice.

I used to reach in the cage and pet/cuddle Baozi when she was wheeking, and Baozi used to sit still and let me pet her. When I try that with Ace she still runs. It's like she's at turns bold and timid. She still loves to flop over against my leg and be petted when she's out of her cage, though.

Is there any reason for this sudden increase in squeakiness/activity? Is it because Baozi is no longer around to be the main squeaker? Is it because now that Ace is on metacam, she feels better physically?

Here are some photos of the spoiled little fatty:

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:01 am

I love her little face, especially when shes looking up! She is a very beautiful lady.

I've noticed that Metacam can have quite a positive affect on a pig. My Arnold could get around quite well when he was on it, even though he had really bad arthritis. So, it could be that.

Also, piggies tend to become more vocal when the wheeker in the group isn't there. My pig Jon Snow was very quiet when he lived with Toki. Toki was the food shouter. Jon took over when Toki died. Now Jon lives with Anselmo, and he still does wheek, but not as much.

It might be that she's feeling more comfortable and safe around you and her surroundings. She's getting used to Baozi not being there. So, she feels a bit more confident going about the cage on her own.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm a fan of the "designated wheeker" theory. Mine have a designated daytime wheeker and a "you are now super-late" enforcer, and they're different pigs!

pigwidgeon

Post   » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:10 pm

It's a hard life being an Ace pig.

All tuckered out after her bum bath, nail clipping, and treats

And enjoying cuddles

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:32 pm

I love that top pic!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:06 am