Everyone needs A Little fairy! Part 10

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:01 am

Oooh naughty hub feeding her that, lol

wibster1

Post   » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:18 am

I thought she was nibbling on the rubbery underside of a fleece as that's what it looked like! Thought that was a bit strange. Shame when you love something to eat that much and it doesn't agree with you. x

serelixyue

Post   » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Aw, Fairy is glowing :)

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:34 am

Here in the US that veg is called dinosaur or lacinato kale. My piggies (and I) adore it.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:39 am

From the color/texture alone, it looks like a) I would hate it, b) Ouiser would adore it, and c) it's super high in calcium. Mmmm calcium.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:16 am

I think most guineas love it! I just don't love Fairy's poop-slippers when she's finished marching around in her soft poops! She can't have kale or anything cabbage-ey. She's good with her romain lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, corn cob, radicchio lettuce, and another lettuce that is sort of frilly, carrot sticks, beet sticks, parsley, coriander, and grass, lots of grass! Everything is served in the correct quantities!

jacqueline

Post   » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:13 am

Just curious Mildred. Fairy is just a few months older than my two. I've noticed a subtle change in my guys lately. Nothing bad, just a settling down, slowing down - hard to say. Maybe it's a maturing.

Have you noticed any particular changes as Fairy gets older. It's hard to believe these guys are as old as they are. Dak and Dash will be turning 4 in January.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:34 am

Fairy will be 4 and a half on December 11th, Jacqueline, and although I can't say her character has changed much - she is still a piggy who knows what she wants and exactly what to do to get it!, she is maybe a little less muscular, I can feel her bones around her back, if you know what I mean. She is as writer as she has ever been though! I love the way she is so confident now, she really is just like a regular piggy with the advantage that she sleeps very soundly because nothing disturbs her! She has a distinct routine and makes it plain how annoyed she is if any small part of that routine alters!

In age I see her as a 40 year old, or at least how I myself felt at 40! I could quite imagine her wanting to try hang gliding or parachuting! In fact she has a little something up her paw-sleeve, we will have to wait for some good weather though before we can share that :)

I think your handsome boys are settling down, contented and confident, no bad thing really!

jacqueline

Post   » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:09 am

No, not a bad thing at all. I imagine you are as vigilant as I am - with all our piggies, but I'm especially attentive to Dak and Dash. I agree, I think the maturing process is what's happening.

It does make me a little sad, though (and I try not to think about it) - but the older they get, the more I know we're pushing the limits here. Every single day feels more and more like a blessing as they get older, I guess.

wibster1

Post   » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:17 am

Jacqueline, try not to think too much about that. Don't waste the here and now by worrying about the future. I'm one to speak cos I'm probably the same as you. My wee girl just went through surgery and she was 4 last month. Have to say, I hate it when I talk about my piggies and someone asks how old they are, then in the next breath it's "so what age do they live to?". I always say up to 7!

Mildred, I'm intrigued, is it a flying lesson? x

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:35 am

No! Not flying lessons, we all know Fairy has her pilots licence anyway!

I think it helps me to think about things like you do, Jacqueline, and I was only talking to Ian about this the other day. I think about it and look at our girls and KNOW that they have the best life possible, each and every day, every minute, is the best it can be for them!

I still have moments though . . .

poppycorn

Post   » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:02 am

Fairy is an adventurer alright!