Pregnant and din't know and now have 3 babies.Please help :(

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:33 pm

Cupid's poops are becoming little liquid now. He has been peeing a lot and tried eating his poops from his bedding but he has stopped now. He is currently sleeping now and I don't want to disturb him and give him more stress. I will check in the morning but why are all the problems coming at once. :(:(

Can I steel other guinea pigs poop, make a paste and give him that?

What should I do to control him into not going in the diarrhoea phase?

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:39 pm

That is bactrim. Dose for that pig would be 0.5ml

I've never heard of Digyton, but I looked it up, and I don't see anything that indicates there's a probiotic in it. It looks like just enzymes, which isn't going to help much.

I am unfamiliar with Mupirocin. I'm not sure if it would hurt him if he licked it off the wound.

Generally, pain killer and anitibiotic can be given together. I don't know what the dosage is.

Yes, you can feed him a healthy guinea pigs' poop.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:41 pm

How long has he been having the diarrhea? Have you been hand feeding him?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:19 pm

This might be helpful to you:
www.guinealynx.info/probiotics.html

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:15 am

I am so happy that Bactrim is available in India from what PooksiedAnimals said and I am going in the right direction :)

1. For the pain killer-Carprofen, can I give him 0.2 ml twice a day as in the case of Metcam and said by NoCableisSafe?

2. Is it necessary to apply the ointment as I am scared it may not be the right one and he may lick it from the wound?

For the probiotic, I will stick to half a dropping of other guinea pigs poop with water twice a day.

3. Can someone please tell me if I am going right with the Betadine solution?

PooksiedAnimals- He was having soft pellets before the surgery also and it has become softer. He is eating a little everytime I give him food and I make it a point to give him fresh food every one-two hours. I have not been hand feeding him.
4. Should I be concerned about the diarrhoea now?

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:56 am

I am at the chemist to buy Carprofen. It is a tablet. How many tablets should I give Cupid?

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:57 am

What is the concentration of a pill? Ask the pharmacist.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:12 am

It says Carprofen tablets-Dolocarp 50 and each uncoated tablet contains 50 mg carprofen.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:57 am

For the time being, I dissolved 25 mg Carprofen in water and gave 0.2 ml to Cupid. Is the dosage correct? He weighs 820 grams.

I also gave 0.5 ml of Septran to him. Would that be enough?

I will now give him one poop in water,so that will be around 0.2-0.3 ml and the same amount of water. Would this be adequate?

After how many hours should I give him a second round of dosage of pain killer, antibiotics and probiotics?

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:33 am

Cupid ate 0.5/0.6 ml of Sandy's poop and later 0.3 ml water. He ate a little coriander later.

He has been eating very little and even lesser from yesterday. Should I hand feed him? I will check his weight at night. Currently he is 820 grams.

Is the dosage of the pain killer and antibiotics that I gave too much due to which he has reduced eating? What dosage should I give then?

Someone please help. I don't want my Cupid to suffer because of something I am doing wrong.

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:46 am

Start handfeeding now. You want to be forcing food into him every few hours. https://www.guinealynx.info/handfeeding.html

Stay at that dosage with the Septran for now.

Antibiotics should be every 12 hours. Poop soup should be 1-2 hours after every dose of antibiotic.

With the pain relief, I'm not sure on the dose, but a good way to administer a pill is to cut it, crush the amount you need (was a quarter a pill for us), mix it in a little baby food and syringe feed it.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:06 am

He eats food on his own every few hours but he eats less. Should I still handfeed?

For the pain killer, I gave him half a tablet (25mg) dissolved in water and from that solution gave 0.2 ml in the morning. He was sleeping most of the time after that. He ate in between intervals when he woke up though but less.
Should I give him one more dose at night since I have already completed the dosage told by you (a quarter pill)?
I don't want to overdose him with any medicine.

Thank you in advance for the help.