Three boars, one cage.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:15 pm

I am sorry to admit to Cow's growing fan club but Cow is now called Chomsky and left for his new home with an older boar called Pablo on the 14th December. He is getting on very well with his new buddy.

This weekend "Lefty" will be going to her home as we are expecting Trick to come for a visit to pick up her new lady.

I am sad to see them both leave, though I've only watched them growing up for the past seven weeks. It will be lovely to watch them continue to grow and to learn how to manipulate their new owners from a distance.

When Cow left I expected Scribble and Buddy to at least look for the mini pig but they both seemed delighted that it was veggie time and slightly confused as to why I was hesitating.
I think because this kind of thing often happened: mini pig liked to share.

Besides packing off mini pigs to forever homes and working hard at trying to become a better programmer I have been working on a web comic which I'm hoping will only get better with each post. I'm still trying to find my style though I've finished writing up the outline of the story.

I really hope you will like it when I am brave enough to share it.

Today we picked up our Christmas tree (our last one didn't make it to the stage of being planted in the garden but hopefully this one will) and decorated it.

Merry Christmas :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Looking forward to your web comic!

clairey

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Wait, wait, wait. Lefty is going to Trick? Is Lefty going to be Foster's new girlfriend then? Oh my!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:22 am

That's a lovely cat in the photo with the Christmas tree. I hope Chomsky and Lefty will be happy in their new forever homes.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:04 am

Lynx - thank you. I'm really looking forward to sharing the story with more people. Just now only my flatmates and boyfriend have the pleasure of listening to me ramble on about what is happening next.

Clairey - she is indeed! We've got our fingers crossed that Tahini will be okay with sharing Foster with a little girl where Gracie was unacceptable. I'm sure she'll keep everyone informed on how Lefty gets on.

GP_mum - thank you! That is Princess, the cat who I fed cold meat to one evening and who hasn't left my side ever since. She kept looking for me even when I went away to university. She's the special cat I never wanted :)

clairey

Post   » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm sure Tahini can't see a tiny little bundle like Lefty as a threat. How cool that your 2 ex foster-pigs are (hopefully) going to end up together.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:20 am

Just catching up . . . I love the family photo pics! What *well behaved* piggies! The trip to Thistle sounded wonderful and that scenery is beautiful. Love your tree too!

Lots of good wishes to the baby pigs in their new homes x

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:31 am

clairey I did think that it was pretty cool that two pigs who I've cared for may live together.

Mildred - the trip to Thistle was lovely! I absolutely loved looking after her chickens, they are hilarious when they run!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Maisey (formerly Runt and Maple, Maple just didn't stick) heard that today would be Introduction Day. Introduction? What on earth was this? She decided the safest approach to "Introductions" while her mummy was in hospital was to be absent.

A ramp appeared in the cage. A frightening new thing covered in strange smelling things and... and... oh, a ramp must be a different kind of veggie plate.

Unfortunately the guinea pigs were powerless to do anything about this reconstruction as they were too busy trying to work out who these other pigs were!

Who on Earth is THAT sneaking into the girls cage? How did he get there? Does he have a hall pass?

After a few journeys southward Buddy decided that he would rather guard the hay rack. Buddy was recently very, very unwell following the removal of an abscess on his throat. Just before he started eating himself he began to lose the fur on his stomach and bottom so he looks like half-a-skinny. Thankfully his fur is now growing back!

The concept of having two cages is still quite new. Both genders have retreated to the safety of their old cage; boys gravitating northward and the girls lurking to the south. I'm not planning on pushing them to interact with each other as I'm sure they'll merge and split as they want.

If you haven't read Meribel's medical thread: Meri had an accident jumping out of the hay rack and has broken her leg. She'll be in confined quarters for the next four weeks.

It's quite a stressful time in the Guinea Pig Hideout. :)

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Scribble!!!!! *smooch*

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Lovely to see all the pigs and loved the photo of all of them in the kitchen area. Best wishes for Meribel's recovery. Had read about her in the medical thread and hope her leg heals quickly.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:26 am

It's great seeing them all in their home! Good wishes to Meribel, heal well little sweetie xxx

Happy Christmas to you ALL !