Three boars, one cage.

Trick

Post   » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:37 am

I thought I'd post these first pics in this thread seeing as everyone will be wanting to know how Lefty is getting on! (Hope that's okay)

Firstly, it was brilliant to finally meet NoCableisSafe after all these years, and to see a herd of guinea pigs! It's been a long time since we had a big group, and with two minipigs bouncing around the place and a particularly adorable big squishy girlie pig who reminded me of Rosie, I was pretty much in heaven :D

I was expecting the little pigs to be small from the photos but seeing how tiny they were was still a big shock - I think even Rosie and Gracie must have been a bit older when we got them.

Of course we have Foster and Tahini now, who are a funny middle-aged couple living in a 3x5 C&C (we never downsized as they loved it so much). Foster is of the opinion that he is in charge but Tahini rules the roost - she is wicked smart while Foster is, bless him, the least intelligent guinea pig I have ever met but such a mild mannered and polite squishy boy. He is not allowed to mount Tahini for example, yet she mounts him when in heat. But when either hears the veggies getting chopped, they run and wake the other up.

Tahini has tons more energy that Mr sleepy Foster so I hoped that Daisy would give Tahini a playmate so that Foster is bothered less - and equally that a snuggly pig would suit Foster well. I was actually expecting Foster to be won over immediately while Tahini might be troublesome... but that's not how it turned out!

Back at home, little Daisy went straight into introductions with the big pigs. She was super excited, popcorning like crazy while Tahini chased her about - and if Tahini lost interest, Daisy ran over and got her excited again. Foster meanwhile was utterly confused, and when Daisy attempted to get milk from him he ran away in sheer horror. Such a massive pig going flying backwards in the face of a tiny wee girlie pig was terribly amusing!

Little video of introductions here!

Tahini and Daisy were having great fun and when Foster eventually tried to join in the chase he accidentally tried to mount Tahini instead of Daisy and got roundly told off. Tahini was also quick to tell him off if he chased Daisy - I guess she thought he was too big and rough!

Back in the pen and Daisy is often snuggled up with either big pig, or playing with Tahini. Foster does indeed appreciate a snuggle buddy :)

And interestingly, Daisy has scored the big house to herself when she wants it. She's not worried by the other two at all - if she's had enough play she tells them and they accept it. But if she wants a house, pigloo or water bottle she gets her own way!

Best of all, Tahini is now occasionally forgetting she's supposed to be a skittish pig. Probably because she's so knackered!

We watched a Harry Potter film last night and Daisy came out to watch - it's the first time she's snuggled down on me properly (rather than trying to climb up me) and she stayed out for ages quite content in my lap. I've not had a tv watching piggie since Rosie (and Frisky).

As I type, all three are snuggled up underneath a hay rack <3

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:38 am

So Cute! Nice to see you again Trick. You know Gracie was one of my favorite piggies of all time.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:44 pm

-removed, I can't work the internet-
Last edited by NoCableisSafe on Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:45 pm

EDIT:
The image is huge, here is the link instead:
http://rumblestrutcomic.wordpress.com/2 ... christmas/

Have a wonderful Christmas/"uncelebrated day off" tomorrow, everyone =)

Thank you for posting the update about wee Daisy, Trick!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:58 pm

My gosh, the three of them, Tahini, Foster and Daisy are so adorable!

clairey

Post   » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:13 pm

FOSTER! *thud!*

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:14 pm

I love Daisy :) Actually, I love them all!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:13 pm

It was quite sad to see both Chomsky (Cow) and Daisy go to their new homes, but I have been receiving enough updates and invites to come over for tea from their new owners to keep me happy. Both pigs have successfully become the little prince or princess of the cage they were introduced too!

They've inherited the determination of their mummy :)

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:19 pm

As! It's so lovely to know they have such wonderful homes!

arnzillazor

Post   » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:28 am

Didn't read everything, but I wanted to say that I'm sorry for your losses. They were beautiful! Happy to know there are other guinea owners that tend to them so very well. (:

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:05 am

Thank you so much for reading. x

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:35 am

"Listen Up Ladies and Gentlemen, I have something to say!"
(Maisie)

"You too, Mr Two Toes, I want your full attention please."
(Maisie and Two Toes)

"A while ago we piggies were given grass collected from the big-ones parents garden. It was my first taste of grass and since then there has been an ABSENCE of grass!!!!"
(Meribel and Scribble)

"I have looked everywhere! I have searched inside the big cuddle boot."
(Maisie)

"Just the other day the big-one taunted us over to the cage and I decided she was promising grass but she only had CUCUMBER! YUCK!"
So the search continued...

"Can ANYPIG, SHARP-TOOTH OR HUMAN HALP?!"
"This is a Priority 1, Severity 1 EMERGENCY!"

Since my last update...

I almost, ALMOST got a brilliant picture of Scribble and Buddy in the living room enjoying some Christmas Cranberries.

Meribel has continued to heal her broken leg, and I have continued to cross my fingers and toes that it will heal and stop causing her so much pain.

I struck a deal with the cat that if I fed her she would let me coo over her bean-toes.

I began to draw each of the pigs in the cage so we can hang up their portraits.

Meribel was suspicious.

Scribble was suspicious.

Maisie was cute and continues to grow.

And a spring in my car decided to break and needed replacing. :(
but I got a souvenir.

I also got a promotion at work. WEEEEE!