The Three Little Pigs and the Big, not so Bad, Cuy!

MaraC

Post   » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:08 pm

What happend with Cookie reminded me how my guinea pig Alvin died :(

I love the storyes of your pigs! Keep writing! :)

JessicaC

Post   » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:11 pm

More please!!!! :)

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Oh my gosh, Midnight is a chunky handsome fella :-)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:56 pm

I love Midnight's white stripe. So glad Bean approved of his new friend.

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:16 am

So cool. Two piggies with stripes.

Threepigsnacuy

Post   » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:34 am

Glad you all are enjoying!
Big long story with lots of pics coming tomorrow! :)

Brambles

Post   » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:45 am

I love Bean's funky hairstyle!

Threepigsnacuy

Post   » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:36 pm

Social networking is going to make me a hoarder
So after I had had Bean and Midnight for a few months, I saw a post on Facebook from my local guinea pig rescue telling everyone that they had just had a huge hoarder dump and they desperately needed fosters and adopters. I thought about fostering, but I really wanted another piggy, because "three couldn't be much different that two, right?"

Meet Milo!
The next weekend, I drove up to the piggie rescue, and picked out an adorable baby brown and white American piggy. I wanted a baby because I wanted him to get along with Bean and Midnight. Meet Milo!
Milo is a fearless, bossy, active, and dominant little boy. I love him!

Three isn't always a magic number
My three boys happily lived together in the 2x5 (eek too small) for several months, but then Milo hit his teenage years. He started mounting the other two and rumblestrutting at them a lot. Midnight was terrified of him. I found a few bites on Midnight. I decided it was best to seperate him and do re-introductions once this teenage stage had passed. Milo got his own 2x3, and the other boys had the 2x5.

A three-piggy divorce
A few months later, I tried re-introductions of my boys. I did a buddy bath, and put them in a cleaned cage. There was fighting immediately. I once again separated Milo into the 2x3. But Milo needed companionship. He spent his days chewing the bars to get to the other boys, no matter how interesting I made his cage. I covered the walls in cardboard, he chewed through it. Milo actually likes Bean, but since he hates Midnight, they can't live together. I was so sad to see Milo so sad. I knew I had to get him a new friend, and a new c and c where he couldn't see Midnight.

Farewell, matress, piggies come first
I had to find a room where I could put a 2x5 that wasn't Bean and Midnight's room. I searched my house, but the only place that was free was the bottom of a bunkbed. So that's where I put it. I actually made a 2 1/2 by 4 which is the equivalent of a 2x5.

Now Milo just needed a buddy!

(sorry there are not many pics the next post will have a lot, my photobucket is being odd)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:35 am

Aw, Milo is a doll!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Baby piggy!

MaraC

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:22 pm

He's such a cuteness! But I'm looking forward to the Cuy!

Threepigsnacuy

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Cuy comes soon!