My adventures in fostering

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:15 pm

Ohhhhh.....I can't wait to hear the continuation of this story. Good luck with the new friend for Winky. Poor Leo.

KhloeKinsella

Post   » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:22 pm

Isn't cavy haven in Colorado?

Threepigsnacuy

Post   » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:14 pm

KhloeKinsella-Nope, it's in Califorinia.

Ibepatience
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Meet Max, Winkys new BFF. They are both incredibly energetic and so fun to watch!

image by ibepatience, on Flickr

I was thinking about keeping them but now I'm not sure. Winky is definitely adoptable and if the right adopters come up I think it might be best.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:11 pm

I love their noses! Kinda makes you want to nuzzle them, no?

Threepigsnacuy

Post   » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:49 pm

I can't believe how big Winky has gotten! Max and Winky are both adorable!

Ibepatience
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am

Oh they definitely have nuzzling noses! Winky is so trusting it's really cool, he's super sweet. Max is a spaz! He wheeks for pellets while eating a bowl full of pellets!!
Winky is huge!! I'll have to weigh him tomorrow and post an update, he's gonna be a big boy!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:34 am

I love Winky!

serelixyue

Post   » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:38 am

Love Eli!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:06 pm

So glad Winky has a new friend. Max is super cute and it's great that they get along. Winky is definitely thriving under your care.

Ibepatience
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:07 pm

So I started putting the word out that I was looking for a spayed older female for Leo. I figure another baby male won't work once his hormones kick in, an adult male would be an issue cause they'd both be struggling for dominance and I just worry about Leo's heart.

Wee Companions just got back a spayed 2 year old female! She was originally found left at a vets office in a small cage with toe males. She was pregnant and after the babies were weaned they tried her with several other females unsuccessfully. She didn't wanna get along with any of them so they had her spayed. She was adopted as a buddy for a male who wasn't getting along with other males. That was March 2013. In December one of the volunteers was skimming through Craigslist and saw an ad for a male and spayed female guinea pig and they recognized them as former WC piggies! They contacted them and got them back (as required by the adoption contract). Unfortunately the male has a cancerous memory tumor so they had him neutered while removing the mass and decided to pair him up with another female who also has cancer and keep them as sanctuary piggies. This leaves Holly as an available spayed female and in desperate need of a stable FOREVER home.

Meet Holly, Leo's new love.

They hit it off instantly and actually snuggle! It's the sweetest thing ever! She is timid but once you hold her she settles in and starts to relax. I love her!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:32 pm

Aw, what a lovely match!