Three Cavies in a Boat

jacqueline

Post   » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:16 am

I'm glad you have come on board with us. Thanks for being so dedicated to piggies and giving them a safe place to land!

Your pigs are soooo cute. Pusio has that mischievous sparkle in his eyes. . .

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:25 am

Welcome! The Polish piggies are lucky to have you and your dedicated team to look after them.

Your boys are very handsome, the photographs are lovely. I'm looking forward to hearing more about them.

Kimera

Post   » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:17 am

jacqueline: Pusio is sorely missed, both by me and by his original pal, Bobek. For a long time after Pusio's death Bobcio walked around the room and wheeked loudly. It was heartbreaking.
Then he learned to walk out of the room, which he hadn't done all his life, and wandered to another room, where the fosters live. Last year I petsitted some lovely female skinnies, and this Christmas I had a baby pedigree US teddy and her smooth haired older friend over at my place. Bobek was delighted with their visit. He found his way to my bedroom where the girl's cage was, and he sat near the cage for hours, clearly fascinated. I must say that he was quite the gentleman - he didn't rumblestrut or produced boar stink. He only purred, wheeked, looked into the cage or simply lied down by the cage. I put a bed for him there and he nibbled at the girl's hay. At night he usually slept in his own bed in the other room.
However Cookie and Muffin were not terribly impressed and they mostly ignored Bobek :).

Brambles

Post   » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:11 am

Very cute!! I love the colors of your piggies and the chaotic hairdo's!

clairey

Post   » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:26 am

Welcome aboard! You have lovely pigs.

*Quietly adds Bobcio to my pignapping list*

jacqueline

Post   » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:51 pm

Kimera - I'm always touched by displays of an emotional life in our pigs. Every time we've had a death, the mourning responses on the part of the surviving pigs brings me to tears.

Right now I have Kramer, who's the "seeing eye" pig for my two boys with LWS. He's quite protective, and has been know to drag the pellet dish closer to Dash so he could eat better. Bobek seems like a similar kind of sweetheart.

I hope you'll continue to share piggy stories!

dellybean

Post   » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:44 pm

Your guinea pigs are beautiful! Thank you for sharing them. Your Peruvian Kudlaty reminds me of my Wally, down to the nose freckle - I wonder if he's part Polish? ;-)

Kimera

Post   » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:46 pm

Bobcio, my sweet little capybara :).
Pusio's portrait from a calendar a few years ago.

And this a portrait of my piggies by the Caviarnia's talented artist, Kakazuma. She posted some of her cavy comics here: viewtopic.php?t=67875&highlight= but I think she got disheartened by the lack of interest and comments :). She draws the pictures and writes the stories and I try to translate them into English, to make the comics more accessible to the public. You can easily find her full gallery at Facebook just by looking up "kakazuma". Some of the captions might not sound exactly right in English, so if you have any comments, please do write, and we will try to change the words or phrases.
Kakazuma draws portraits of guinea pigs (and occasional mice hamsters and dogs) belonging to the members of our association. She is also responsible for the webpage art, calendar art and the design of magnets and other small gadgets. Her most recent work are Valentine cards, of course with guinea pigs.

Brambles

Post   » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:14 pm

She draws beautifully, and the comics are so funny! Does she have a page where I could follow her work?

Kimera

Post   » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Yes, of course. She has a gallery of her work at Facebook.
Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/kakazumastudio
I did not post any links before, because I did not know if it was allowed.
There is also a very nice 2014 calendar with photos and original art, of course featuring our group member's guinea pigs. You can see it here: http://www.swinkimorskie.eu/nowe_forum/ ... f=4&t=1160

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:23 pm

dellybean, I love your picture! (it would look so good in a calendar!! ;-)

And Kakazuma's art is lovely.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Lovely piggies. Welcome!