Dudies in Venezuela

Brambles

Post   » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks Noellium! Their actual sizes are hard to grab on picture. Bizonte 'fluffs up' a lot more because of the hair.

Yey! Finally someone sold me a tera external hard drive. Finally space for some better quality pictures again.

I've been experimenting with a new toy: the hammock.

Not so successfully.

So I used the frame for a forest.

Thanks to the forest Bizonte allowed me to approach close enough to take this picture. It was taken with a fixed f2 lens, meaning I was about 10 cm away from my little dudie, with a area in focus of about 4cm (1,5inch).

Mammoth gracefully poses with some fresh grass, while keeping his eye on the camera! The little shape in his eyes is me.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:07 pm

You do take such great pictures!

Brambles

Post   » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:22 am

Venezuela has about 20 different kinds of bananas, the regular 'banana' being a 'cambur'. None of the other types are very tasteful to eat from the hand... but with the recent crisis here we decided to eat our last 'platano', which looks like a very large banana and is usually fried, raw. I guess it tasted a bit like a cooked sweet potato.

I shared a piece with the guys. They seemed to like it more than the 'cambur' banana.

Mammoth spending some time with us. I always try to get the two of them together, but Mammoth really likes the quiet and Bizonte is a talker. Bizonte goes up close to him and yips in his ear until Mammoth nips at him. Poor little Bizonte. I've been thinking about getting him a more active little buddy, but I'm afraid to break the bond between him and Mammoth... and frankly, with the crisis going on in Venezuela atm, I'm not sure I should take on another piggie.

But the thought crosses my mind. A little abby... or an agouti... agoutis have such beautiful fur... or a plain shorthaired one, a tricolor or one of those with lots of spots... not giving in to temptation is the clue.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:39 am

Your pictures are so beautiful.

Brambles

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:23 am

Serious talk in my family about getting another piggie. Bizonte more and more treats Mammoth like a much respected elder and never lets him out of his sight... if something happens to Mammoth, I don't know how he would deal with it.

I need to get better control of this lens. The pictures are beautiful, but the focus is such an issue.

Reservoir piggies, robbing the supermarket for fresh veggies.

It looks like the heist was a success.

Let it be known that this commity for protection of the rights of minorities, in this case GUINEA PIGS, puts forward a motion to abolish BATHS, on the base that it limits the freedom of movement and upwards mobility of the affected minority.
Motion dismissed by higher authorities. Teehehehe! ><

"No, please don't look at me - my hair, the bath! It's - no! No pictures please!" Bizonte is such a drama queen.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Love your pictures!

Brambles

Post   » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:34 pm

Thanks Lynx! I hope the others enjoy them too. The chronicle is a bit chaotic, but I prefer it that way if no one minds.

Taking guinea pig pictures is challenging. They don't like you getting close. Not so with little Lana, who loves to pose.

Given some extra incentive, she even makes a few daring movements. Looking fierce! Could she be the new top-piggie model?

My guys are impressed... watching the shows with some popcorn.

Breadfan4

Post   » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:07 am

Adorable!