Reese's Pieces

LainLockey

Post   » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:49 pm

The stranger, now my new owner, complained throughout our car ride together, she said I smelled badly of something called "cigarettes".

When we arrived at our destination she brought me into a house, I could hear and smell other piggies (something I hadn't experienced in a long time). The woman put the box I was in on the ground, I was anxious to check out my surroundings so I jumped out of the box and tried to make a run for it. She caught me quickly, but instead of putting me back into the box she set me into a cage. It was lined with something soft, not like the wood chips I was used to. There was hay and food in the cage but I wasn't keen on eating just then. The woman watched me a few minutes, and she took a couple of pictures of me with her phone. After a while she turned the lights down, then she left the room and closed the door behind her. I was finally able to relax a little, and once I felt safe I had a look around the cage and I nibbled on some hay.

tashab

Post   » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:07 pm

Oh, look at that handsome feathery bum!

LainLockey

Post   » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks Tashab! I love his "rooster butt"!

I'm excited about the next post, I'm working on it now - it has bath photos!!

LainLockey

Post   » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:50 pm

It took me a few days to settle into my new home. My accommodations are a bit cramped but the stranger erm... I mean my new owner... assured me that I would be moving into a larger cage soon. She mentioned something about a quarantine but I don't know what that means really. Even though my eyes were bright, my nose was clean and my breathing was clear she seemed worried about me for the first couple of days. She noticed that my "beans" weren't quite right. They were small, misshapen, dry and kind of whitish - ew! Surprisingly all it took to fix my poops was having access to fresh water and food. Within two days I was right as rain... I kid you not my "beans" have more than doubled in size!

Once I was settled, and my diet was was on track my new friend started talking about some sort of "spa day". It sounded nice at first, I mean humans like spa days right? What an experience! First the woman cut the dreads I'd been growing around my rump then she put me in the tub with some water, which was all but relaxing. She smiled and laughed while I tried climbing her arm to get out of the water, it was as though she was enjoying my suffering. At one point she even stopped "washing me" (I believe I wash myself quite adequately - thank you very much!) to take pictures. Can you believe it?

While I'm not anxious to do it again anytime soon, I suppose that in the end I was thankful. My hair was no longer being pulled by mats and I feel cleaner than I have in a long time.

tashab

Post   » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:33 pm

Great shake photo!

serelixyue

Post   » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:37 am

I like how he picked out the towel to stand on in the sink. Gorgeous colors!

LainLockey

Post   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Thanks! He shook quite often during his bath, so I just had to get a pic.
I always put a hand towel in when I'm giving piggies baths, because they prefer it to the slipperiness of the tub/sink I find it helps keep them still where I want them.

A big day is right around the corner for Reese. He's nearly done his quarantine period which means he's just about ready to meet his new friend. I'm anxious to see how they'll get along. I'm hoping neither boy will put up much of a fight. I do not know if Reese has ever cohabited with another guinea pig... Tayto lived with Legend, and they got along wonderfully but he was only 8 weeks old when I adopted him so the intros were pretty easy. I'm hoping that Reese's next update will be all about his new best friend. *fingers crossed* In the interim here's a photo I'd previously shared in the random piggy pics thread :

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Reese is such a handsome boar. His fur looks so much better here VS his earlier pic of when he 1st arrived. He also looks more calm and settled. All the best for an uneventful introduction.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:44 pm

He is just amazingly handsome. I love those markings.

MotaroRIP

Post   » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:42 am

What a nice looking pig.

LainLockey

Post   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:15 pm

I've settled into this place quite nicely. The humans here are very friendly. They pet me and feed me and they chat with me whenever they walk passed me which I really like. I also like to talk back to them. *wheek wheek*!

I have some pretty big news. I've moved AGAIN. Not into a new house, but into a larger cage this time... And that's only the half of it! I've met a new guinea pig too. We're still getting to know one another so I'm not quite sure how I feel about him but to be honest with you I think he might have a bit of a crush on me... His name is Tayto but the humans call him Tater.

We first met when the woman put us both in the bathtub (yea, that horrible place again). At first he and I were both too distracted by the various foods that were in the tub (much better than water if you ask me) to really notice one another but once I finished eating I just had to figure this creature out. He was really puffy and all his hairs stand up on end. I felt awkward and wasn't really sure what to say so I sniffed him.

Then I sniffed him some more.

And then some more still.

I think I may have made him uncomfortable because he snapped. He lunged and mounted and humped and rumbled. I wasn't impressed and gave him the same bad attitude right back. We bickered and fought and squeaked and squealed pausing only for naps...

...This went on for hours.

LainLockey

Post   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Thanks everyone. I too think he's pretty handsome.

GP_Mum, I wish I could say they were uneventful. This was easily my most challenging match up to date!