Moving Right Along: Snickerspants Part 6

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:10 am

If she will HOLD STILL, we won't have a problem, will we? :)

I cut GeorgeBailey's ear on Saturday because he was thrashing so much during a trim. I didn't notice until I looked down and realized I looked like I'd just murdered somebody. Soooo much blood. At least all Albert suffers is a choppy haircut!

Albert is having particularly wet, soft poops -- last night it definitely crossed the line into diarrhea, but today was back to blobs. So he's off to the vet tomorrow. (I'll pack CC along with to see if we can get a small-head diagnosis yet.)

Anyway, the heartwarming part of this story is that I separated the two halves of Team Snowflake last night so that Albert could keep his poops to himself. I didn't think this would be a particular problem because Albert and Cookie ignore each other 99.99% of the time -- I just told STF yesterday that of all my pigs I could see Albert being a solo guy with no need for a roommate. And indeed I don't know *why* he had a burning need to be on Cookie's half of the cage, but he sure did. He chewed the divider all. night. long. I wasn't awake enough to think to remove it, but my sleep was not at all restful.

Speaking of which, I'm also pretty sure there was chirping at some point last night -- louder than usual, and it stopped as SOON as I moved, like the instant I moved, which makes me wonder if it was CC instead of Cookie. Or maybe it was Cookie upset about new pig smells and missing Albert and his poops. She was rooting around the divider this morning trying to get over to him.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:12 am

minismama

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:41 am

Dual cozy cup folding skills. Not bad.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:48 pm

She's a pretty girl. Looks a little plump. As the proud slave to a Silkie, I know that if you take away the pretty flowing locks, they are teeny like #NakedAlbert.
I had to hashtag to keep some of his dignity in place.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Well, she's teeny because she's young, too. And because I haven't had time to fatten her up...

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:49 am

I'll tell y'all, I don't know nothin' bout birthin' babies, but if this piglet isn't in the family way then she is the pear-shape-iest pig ever. It's weird picking her up, it's like the center of her gravity is different from all my other pigs.

And oh my goodness is she SOFT. I'm so used to crinkly, frizzy, and spiky pigs that until today I would have told you Cookie was soft. But what Cookie is is smooth. This pig is SOFT. I can't wait until she feels comfortable letting me pet her more.

clairey

Post   » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:35 am

Oh look at her.

So has Snickers tested her temperament or did he learn all he had to from the green pepper incident?

I don't want to wish that she is in the family way but if she is, I can't even imagine how cute her offspring will be. I saw what must be her male relatives on AMGPR's Facebook. In the event she is, thank goodness for your pigcam.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:03 am

There's a super soft spot of hair near the side belly, under the first layer of hair that I love to pet on Alice. Also the belly, near the girl bits area tends to be like baby hair because I shave that area.
Good luck finding out if she has small head disease.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:18 am

We may have to talk Alden into setting up a live pigcam if she is pregnant, and when she gets close! Snicky will be a good nanny boar.

Hunybee

Post   » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:48 am

My male sheltie Nikka was pear shaped, while Jasper is long and lean. Hopefully she doesn't have small head disease, but if she does, I think you'll do fine.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:04 am

The pigcam is always live, but we will definitely figure out a way to make it public if that happens!

And Snickers is being a little feisty. When I got up this morning he was chasing her around the cage and she was half-whining at him. But she didn't seem that upset. And when he noticed I was awake and came running over for potential snacks, she did too, and stood just behind him.

Both CC and the Butterbeanus Alberticus went in to the vet today. Because they're going to be there all day I had them in the transport cages instead of the tiny carriers, and my car just barely can hold two transport cages side-by-side if I angle them a little. About 15 minutes into the ride my car was suddenly flooded with loud, fairly aggressive squeaking. I looked over my shoulder and found them each standing on their hind legs, nose to nose, squeaking like crazy at each other. I'm not sure exactly what they were saying -- knowing Snowflake, he probably said something rude, and CC was probably being outraged. But it was pretty cute. And now CC has met Albert.

She had also vanished by the time we got to the vet. Apparently she has already mastered apparating...

serelixyue

Post   » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 am

Yes yes! I know just what you mean. Snoopy is all frizzy, Flubby is just like Cookie, she's a cuddler but there just isn't enough softness....her fur is too smooth, and can't really run my fingers through it, because it's so flatly pressed to her body. But when I cuddle Minipuff or or even Pom Pom, it's a palmful of soft, soft hair. Just makes the whole experience so much more....cuddly. Ugh, my vocabulary is so limited.

Look what I did in my study break!