Three Cavies in a Boat

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Love the eye shadow on the visiting pigs. Bobcio looks very comfortable in his hiddy. Are those crash pads from Piggy Place?

Jacqueline & PiggieMom - Piggy Palace in the UK makes great huts or crash pads as she calls them. Mildred had customized some very pretty ones from her. I did order a few huts and beds from her a few years ago and they are holding up well. I had my aunt from the UK bring them over when she came out for a visit to Asia.

Kimera

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:51 am

All hideys, cuddle cups and sleeping sacks are made by me. That is one of the reasons I wanted to show them :). I sew for my own piggies and for others.
The guests are Mona and Lisa, baby females. I will have more piggie guests for Easter because many people travel to stay with their parents for holidays and leave their guineas with me. I will have four sows more, two of which you have already seen - Cookie with pretty "kohl shadowed" eyes, and Muffin, a young US teddy.

jacqueline

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:26 am

Do you sell your products? They're so well done, I'm sure you could make a nice business out of it. And I wouldn't mind being a customer myself. :-)

Kimera

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:50 am

I do, however it can hardly be called a business, since I managed to sell only a few. Not many people are used to spoiling their "pocket pets" and in the group of dedicated guinea pig owners I am not the only one who sews. Some also prefer to make something by themselves and save, even if the results are not as fancy.
I would gladly send you a cuddle cup or a sleeping sack for your piggies, but I am not sure about the cost of shipping. It may not be worth the effort, if you can buy something locally.

jacqueline

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 am

Thanks. Let me think on it. Your work really is very very well done. I hope you and your piggies all enjoy it immensely

Kimera

Post   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Guinea pig status for today: thirteen piggies and coming :). Today two pairs of big, fat skinnies arrived. Don't worry, males are neutered. One pair is shining black, the other black and golden aguti with white. Their C&C cages fill most of my bedroom! The skinnies are so cute, and so warm, like small hot water bottles.
This is going to be very wheeky-squeaky Easter!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:37 pm

You are so talented, making nice things for your pigs. I don't sew so purchase what I have. I enjoy spoiling my girls!

Kimera

Post   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Well, I have another piggie :). I'm not sure yet if he will be a foster or a permanent inhabitant. He is also nameles, more or less, I call him Ututu for now.

I received information that there was an adult guinea pig abandoned in a large, chain pet shop near my place, so I went there to see. And there he was, sitting alone in a small, but clean cage. I talked to the employers and asked if I could take the pig. They were more than happy to oblige, since they could not sell him anyway. I left them Caviarnia adress cards and took the piggy with me.
And there he is - he is a young but adult boar, sheltie-type, in good health and very gentle. I think he is not used to all the attention, soft beds and company, but he is very submissive and never caused any problems to my other three boars. If anything, he seems a little afraid of them and escaped from the room on a couple of occassions. I found him later under a bed in another room. He also caused a short circuit in my apartment on the first day :) - he gnawed on a lamp cable. He was very lucky to come off unscathed, although I think he has slightly singed whiskers on one side. Now I have one working lamp less. Oh, the joys of having animals (particularly rodents :)).

jacqueline

Post   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:31 pm

What a handsome boy!

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:57 pm

What a stunning boy!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:53 pm

He's beautiful. Glad he's now under your care and able to meet other pigs once quarantine is over.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:22 pm

He is indeed a very handsome guy!