Reese's Pieces

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:56 pm

Awww, Such cute intro pics.
Especially the nap! :)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Both pigs have similar colours so hopefully that helped with their bonding. They're very cute and I love how Reese was checking Tater out.

LainLockey

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Thanks! I agree TexCavy, the napping picture is the cutest. The sniffing photos are just funny. Haha.
It may have helped a little GP_mum, though perhaps not initially.

LainLockey

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Where was I? Oh right, the bickering. When I said it went on for hours I assure you I wasn't exaggerating. After a while our human believed we were settled down enough to put us into a thoroughly cleaned cage... She realized shortly after that it was too soon for that. We were right back at it again!

*nip nip* *lunge* *whirl* *nip*

Suddenly we were in the bathtub. AGAIN. It was filled with something I'm remember clearly and am really not so keen on - water. You know who likes water even less than I? Tater! I mean seriously, you should have seen him. He was freaking out. He tried to climb out of the tub, jump into the woman's hands, scratch his way up her arm but finally resigned himself to the fact that we were both going to drown (I really think he believed this). He came over to me and huddled against me, presumably to determine if I could be used as a floatation device or something... To my surprise he just stood there. Together we stayed still while she shampooed and rinsed us.

When bath time was all said and done the tub was drained but Tayto still wouldn't leave my side. In that moment we were both too wet to worry about who was king of the castle.

So, what do you think happened once we were both dry?

tashab

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:22 pm

I hope the answer is that they start getting along!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Poor boys. They look wet and miserable but hopefully, post bath meant the start of cordial relations between the 2.

clairey

Post   » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Reese is a honey. Duly added to pignap list.

I hope they decided to be friends after their bath. More please!

LainLockey

Post   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:44 pm

They were pretty miserable, but they've already gotten over it. I think they've even forgiven me.

More soon! I promise, Clairey! I've been really busy the last couple of days... Busy getting myself a conditional offer of admission into college. Woo! I'm taking a 1 year Veterinary Assistant program with hopes of getting accepted into a Technician program in 2015.

LainLockey

Post   » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Hiya. I'm sorry there hasn't been a conclusion to the introduction story yet. Reese isn't having the greatest week. He's broken his two lower incisors and is having a hard time eating, I'm hand feeding him all of his meals now. There are no hard objects in his cage aside from a food dish (no hideys to fight over) so I suspect that his teeth may be breaking as a result of not receiving proper nutrition prior to coming to live with us... Though I'm not sure why it is only happening now? I feel terribly for him and am so worried that he might break his other teeth now too. :(

Anyhow, in spite of this he is in good spirits and has asked me to remind you all of how handsome he is.

Crazy4me

Post   » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Reese is so handsome!

tashab

Post   » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:15 pm

He has quite the smoochable face!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Poor Reese but thankfully he has a great mom. Hope no more teeth break off. Understand that they do grow back quickly, especially since he's on a much better diet. He's looking quite adorable despite his loss of teeth.