Reese's Pieces

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 pm

He is indeed handsome!

LainLockey

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:40 pm

Thanks for the reassurance GP_mum, initially I was quite shocked. I've had guinea pigs for over 20 years but have never had one break a tooth so badly (let alone two). Thankfully no more have broken off since I last wrote and with any luck they'll grow back in no time.

It's so smoochable, Tashab! I can't resist it! Hee hee.

Hand feeding has been a very good bonding exercise for us. When I approach with veggies he puts his little paws up on the side of the cage. He eats them from my hands and is happy to get pets and scritches while he eats.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:37 pm

Aww, I'm very pleased he's taken to his dinner time with you :)
What beautiful piggies

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:24 pm

I love triangle-pigs.

LainLockey

Post   » Tue May 06, 2014 1:45 am

Reese lost the last of this front teeth today. Poor piggy. I hope his molars are in better shape.

Sorry I haven't updated, I've been sick with laryngitis and a terrible cold :(

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Tue May 06, 2014 3:25 am

I second the I love triangle-pigs sentiment. May we see more triangle-pig photos of your handsome boy?

LainLockey

Post   » Tue May 06, 2014 9:56 pm

I'll try to post more triangle-pig pictures soon :) As well as the conclusion to introductions with Tayto.

In the interim here's a video of me hand-feeding him some bits of red bell pepper : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzNR9EGcTIU

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue May 06, 2014 11:57 pm

I love where Reese puts his little paw on your hand. He seems like a very trusting pig.

LainLockey

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 3:17 am

Thanks C. Cole-Chakotay, that's my favorite part :) He is surprisingly trusting, it hasn't taken long at all for him to feel comfortable with me. He's even taken to sleeping on me. He's such a sweet boy.

LainLockey

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 8:25 pm

A lot has happened since I last updated your guys. When I left off I was just getting out of the tub after a buddy bath. I'm embarrassed to admit to you all that as soon as we were dry we were at each other again. We just couldn't keep from pestering one another...

The lady we live with decided to ignore it since we weren't really hurting one another. She put us back in our cage, kept a careful eye on us and otherwise didn't intervene. I'll admit that we struggled with putting aside our differences, it took us over a week to stop bickering, but eventually the dust settled. We may still be guilty of the occasional mount but to be honest it's just a bit of silly fun now.

See, we're friends!

Tayto says "Hey look, I've got a new buddy!".

Please don't forget to check back in on us soon!

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Oh adorable! What gorgeous coats and colours.

tashab

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Oh, I love their little faces! The video is very sweet.