Reese's Pieces

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 10:18 pm

Gret to know they're getting along. Those 'we're buddies' photos are lovely. They both are such handsome boars.

LainLockey

Post   » Thu May 08, 2014 12:45 pm

Thanks everyone :) They're a really cute pair. It's really nice to see Tayto with a friend again. He was alone for quite a while after Legend passed away.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Fri May 09, 2014 4:44 am

I like seeing Tayto with that super-awesome snuggle sack, too. Best pattern in creation, says I.

Glad to hear things have settled down. I haven't had much luck with adult pairings, myself, and am always glad to see one work out.

ETA: just watched the hand-feeding video, and Reese sure is a well-behaved little cutie. I love how he keeps wanting to put his paw on your finger while eating. And, that last frame of him sitting just inside the hutch door should, well, be framed.

LainLockey

Post   » Sun May 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks LS in AK! I couldn't resist the fabric when I saw it, I had to buy some.

I've been pretty fortunate, even with boys. Only once was an intro a full out failure and it was when I attempted to introduce a third male to an already bonded pair.

He IS very well behaved. He's an excellent snuggler too.

His front incisors have all grown back now. I was surprised by how quickly they grew in again.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sun May 18, 2014 8:55 pm

What a beautiful little face in the last picture :)

LainLockey

Post   » Sun May 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Thanks skinnypigs1. I think he has a very beautiful face and really expressive eyes.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun May 18, 2014 9:54 pm

He looks so comfy. He knows he is loved.

LainLockey

Post   » Fri May 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Today I experienced another first! It was a first for Tayto too, who was at my side. Our human put us into a box and carried us out the front door.

At first I was afraid... My last memory of being in a box and outdoors involved a move - I'm just finally comfortable and settled in to my new home, I certainly wasn't interested in moving again! Thankfully we didn't go far, we were just a few feet from the front door when she set the box down. We remained in the box for a short while and adjusted to all the new smells and sounds, when we began to feel comfortable we were lifted gently out of the box and set down on a soft fuzzy fleece blanket.

At first we ran and hid under a little wooden hidey but eventually I became curious about was was beyond the hidey and blanket. As I crept to the edge I noticed a lot of green stuff, it reminded me of lettuce but grew upwards from the ground.

"Hey, what is this stuff?" I wondered.

Of course I did what any wise and fearless cavy would do. I ate it. It was tasty so I kept munching away. Eventually Tayto became interested too.

"Is it safe out there? Is that stuff worth coming out for?"

He joined me and we both grazed. The human sat next to us and watched us very closely. She was a little concerned about our lack of reservation - we just helped ourselves to whatever was within mouths reach.

Eventually we had had our fill. We huddled together back inside the hidey and took a moment to enjoy the sunshine on our faces. We enjoyed our time outside, I hope we get to go out again soon.

tashab

Post   » Fri May 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Aw, cutie patooties. I'm glad they liked the grass

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri May 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Aw, they are adorable! That second picture sure looks calendar-worthy!

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:39 pm

They are just amazing, gorgeous pigs.

LainLockey

Post   » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:03 pm

I love them to pieces. I'm glad they're getting along and that they had a good time outside I am looking forward to being able to take them out all summer long :) Soon our fruit trees will produce cherries and apples - I bet they'll like being outdoors even more then.

Lynx, if you'd like I can e-mail you a high res copy?