PiggyLand from PoLand

gds

Post   » Mon May 19, 2014 7:11 am

Welcome to our cavy chronicle.
First of all we apologize of any stylistic lapse, other mistakes, as we do speak english but not fluently.

Chrumson is our first guinea pig. Once my sister has shown me little hippo (skinny pig) i fell in love completely..

[image missing - Lynx]

After my neck (spine) surgery i knew from the begging im gonna stay at home for a long time and decision of buying guinea pig was well thought out.
Of course i have started with getting some reliable information about guinea pigs especially skinny breed.
At this point i would like to say thanks to Skinny Palace 1, who was my mentor before buying Chrumson for now on:)

C&C lack sorrow. Unfortunately here in Polnad C&C cages are not avaible, the only and best solution was to buy done cage (47 inch-120cm x 23 inch- 60cm).

[image missing - Lynx]

At first ( i think for more than two weeks) Chrumson was sad.

[image missing - Lynx]

I felt like my heart was breaking apart. We decided to buy grown skinny pig (He was year and a half) and i felt it might has been a mistake. But as i mentioted, i've watched a lot of SkinnyPigPalace1 youtube videos and knew its a matter of time.
He started to trust me excatly the SPP1 has told me:

[image missing - Lynx]

After few days we started to take him out for lap time:

[image missing - Lynx]

once you take a look in those eyes You are completely lost!

[image missing - Lynx]

Yes, we were informed from the begging that Chrumson supose to have a friend, we only have to wait untill he get older:

[image missing - Lynx]

Probably we r gonna name him Snoopy, not sure yet.

Due to lil guy is going to join our family, we had to build some larger space (in progress),

[image missing - Lynx]

when the lil one will be here, after they will get to know each other we will build 78inch per 40inch cage (polish coroplast equivalent) and probably plexa.
Enough for now.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon May 19, 2014 9:16 am

What an adorable little house hippo. You certainly came to the right place for info. Good luck to you and the future friend.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 19, 2014 9:26 am

Chrumson is an adorable guinea pig, gds!

By the way, I don't know if you have a really large, crisp image of your first photo, but I would love to have a copy in my calendar possibilities folder for next year's calendar! If you are interested, my email is:

Kimera

Post   » Mon May 19, 2014 10:16 am

Hello, gds! It is high time you showed your cute skinny to the world.
There are much more photos of Chrumson at Caviarnia forum. Yes, we are both from Caviarnia, and what's more, we are from the same city, Łódź. I interviewed gds to make sure she will be a good "piggy mom" when she began looking for a companion for her skinny pig. She made an application, but we don't have skinnies for adoption. And that is how I made acquaintance with gds and Chrumek, not very long time ago.
By the way, "chrumkać" is an onomatopoeic verb describing one of the sounds real pigs make - grunting or oinking, so his English name would be Oinker :).

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Mon May 19, 2014 10:43 am

Oh beautiful little guys!

gds

Post   » Mon May 19, 2014 10:58 am

Skinnypigs1, we are still waiting for the little one to grow up enough to have safe trip to his new home.
Once again many, many thanks from me and my fiance, Your profile is the best place to get knowledge about guinea (skinny) pigs. Great work. And lovely Guys, wish we were living in Canada or USA so we could meet them:)
New photos of my chocolate gentleman
[image missing - Lynx]
new cage order
[image missing - Lynx]
mummy im eating hay, go away:
[image missing - Lynx]
Hello to Everybody, especially to Kimera who has helped me a lot in taming Chrumson "The Oinker". Will be back soon with new stories and photos.
ps. I will pay more attention to all the language rules , promise.

serelixyue

Post   » Mon May 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Oh, welcome to chronicles, LOVE your skinnies. They really look like little hippos...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 19, 2014 4:22 pm

Some very neat photos, gds! I especially like the one where he is eating some hay. The ones on the white blanket look like he is walking in snow!

gds

Post   » Tue May 20, 2014 4:46 am

I'm glad you like it.
I will try to do some more photos with different backgrounds, green one, specially for Lynx, once my model will be in good mood.
I expect hay may help;)

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Tue May 20, 2014 5:38 pm

Oh...I love him.........he is adorable. Welcome!! Can't wait to see more pics.

gds

Post   » Wed May 21, 2014 7:03 am

Some old and new photos, some made by cell phone camera, but I feel like still worth watching :
[images missing - Lynx]

serelixyue

Post   » Wed May 21, 2014 7:40 am

Oh wow, love the wrinkles!