Everyday's a Dede Day!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed May 28, 2014 10:56 am

I am so very sorry, Rodent-Cuddles.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Wed May 28, 2014 11:22 am

Tears for poor little Dede. Too sweet for this earth.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed May 28, 2014 11:40 am

Oh, I'm so sorry. I was rooting for her. :(

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed May 28, 2014 1:46 pm

I'm so sorry to read this about little Dede. You gave her a wonderful life, even though it was short. She knew love and comfort in your home.

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Wed May 28, 2014 2:54 pm

A slightly longer note..I just don't know what to say...she was so amazing, and even the vet said,"You seem to be bonded more to this guinea than to most of the others"...I suppose it was easily seen how much I adored the little girl.

At 9 weeks and 4 days old, on the 28th of May 2014 little Dede left this earth.

Yesterday morning, little Dede was lying in her cage dying. She was only taking breaths in every minute or so, we rushed her to the vets where she was then put to sleep and I was able to hold her during her last moments.

Dede was an amazing, beautiful little girl who was born with a very hard life ahead of her for she was born blind, deaf and with only four little back teeth.

She was always so happy, popcorning and wheeking away just because she could. She loved being held and to be the center of attention. Even though she was blind and deaf she loved to explore, she loved to wonder this way and that way.

Her sister Delta, mother Darla and stepdad Ron all miss her dearly. Delta has gone back to cuddling up Darla, as Delta and Dede use to cuddle up together all the time.

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Fri May 30, 2014 4:41 am

Delta will be 10 weeks old tomorrow.

She had a vet check up today. Good weight, teeth look good..front teeth are surprisingly looking really good for only having one bottom one keeping the two top ones in check!
Such good news! Delta really dis-likes the vets...all the handling just isn't her thing!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:40 am

I have been away from the forum the last few days due to surgery, and am so sorry to read about your loss of Dede. She was such a special pig with a great love for life. Good to know that Delta had a positive vet visit. hugs for her Happy 10 weeks birthday.

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:49 am

Thank you again GP_mum..Dede was such a special pig and I am really grateful that I was able to be part of her life.

Little Delta turned 11 weeks old today! Just another week until she is 3 months old! So proud of little Delta

Even though she'd never admit...Delta rather likes pats!

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:35 pm

3 days ago little Delta turned 3 months old!

Today, I was asked if I would be available to be interviewed talking about guinea pigs. I reckon, that if I'm able to bring a guinea or two along for the interview then I'd bring Delta & Ron, although taking a couple of guineas who are up for adoption might be a better idea...but Delta is such a special girl, I reckon she should have a go on being on TV and being seen.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:20 am

Congrats on Delta turning 3 months old. Every month is such a great milestone for a lethal. She is special and such a cutie-pie. Also, all the best for your TV appearance. It's great that you're getting the opportunity to put some good information out about guinea pigs.

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:28 am

13 weeks old today!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:44 am

What super pictures! She is adorable!