Young pigs needing a home, Scotland, UK

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Wed May 28, 2014 3:50 pm

These 3 little pigs are needing a new home but sadly I can't take piggies yet. Unfortunately these need to be rehomed soon or else will end up in the local SSPCA due to the owner's lack of space and needing to cut down numbers.

They are all Abby mixes and this one is a little boar about 3 months old. He is living on his own and needs company. Black with white feet and a red face.

This one is his sister and at the moment pregnant, so pups will be available from her too, but she is not due for another few weeks.

And this one is also a sister but from a previous litter, about 5 months old and available now.

Another pic of the two sows. The piggy at the back has already been rehomed but also pregnant!

Even if someone can pass on to someone who may be able to rehome. Piggy train option available too!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu May 29, 2014 3:57 am

Hi Webs.

We might be a possibility for the little boy. I'm in Leicester but travel to see my family in Middlesbrough every couple of months or so.

I have two boys at the moment, in a 2x7 C&C. Their relationship is very rocky and I've had to separate them a few times. They're currently back together and it's going okay.

Anselmo is 5 (I think) and Jon Snow is just under 1 year old. Anselmo has had a lot of bladder stone problems and is peeing calcium deposits still so I don't think he'll be around for too much longer.

Jon Snow is a bit of a butt head and likes to get into Anselmo's face and rumble alot. Anselmo is top pig and doesn't take it from him, hence the fights.

When Anselmo was ill Jon tried to become top pig so they had to live separate whilst Anselmo had his surgery and recovered.

So, I would probably attempt a trio at first, but I think in the future it'll be them both living alone so a friend for Jon would be great.

Do you think he has the right temperament to deal with Jon?

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu May 29, 2014 8:11 am

At the moment he is quite timid as he was tried with his dad and his cage mate but they were a bonded pair and picked on him constantly so he was removed before it got worse. He's not a fighter so may be submissive to JS.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu May 29, 2014 9:55 am

That sounds promising. I think the reason Jon and Anselmo don't get on is mainly Anselmo's doing. He just wants to sit in his hay all day and eat, he doesn't want Jon in his face.

Jon got on brilliantly with Toki (and Anselmo in a trio) when Toki was still alive.

Little pig could either be bonded with Jon and Anselmo, or just with Jon as Anselmo really doesn't mind being on his own.

As we're quite a way away I don't mind if you want to keep me as Plan B, and try to find him somewhere closer.

But, if not let me know and we'll get something sorted as soon as possible. He's such a cute piggy :)

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu May 29, 2014 1:06 pm

His current owner is not happy about them possibly going to the SSPCA and is willing to keep them for a little longer for the sake of getting a piggy knowledgeable home. Little boar clearly doesn't like living on his own and getting more nervous. If you are definitely interested, let me know when you're next in Middlesbrough and we can try and coordinate! I'm willing to take him to mine for a few days before the main journey as he's about half an hour from me.

If anyone else on the way would like the tortie sow it would make sense to do one journey. :-)

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Thu May 29, 2014 1:51 pm

I love that red faced guy!! I would have taken him if we were still in England. I hope you find homes for the girls, too. Poor wee ones.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu May 29, 2014 2:01 pm

I was secretly hoping someone on GL would take them as they are all cuter in real life and I would like to see updates!

clairey

Post   » Thu May 29, 2014 7:31 pm

He's a little stunner, that boar. There's something really appealing about the way he's looking at the camera. And the little non-pregnant sow looks like an Ikea guinea pig!

I've been thinking hard recently about trying a boar trio but thinking is all I can do til after the summer.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri May 30, 2014 5:35 am

Hi webs.

Sorry to take so long to reply. My partner and I had a discussion last night, and we're happy to take him in.

I'm next going to be in Middlesbrough on the weekend of the 14th June, but will only be available on the Saturday 14th as it's my dad's birthday on the Sunday.

I can make a special trip up after then though, so we should be able to coordinate stuff.

I'll PM you my mobile number and email as I'm not always on here

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:39 am

Yes! Little Boar has a new home! Thanks Jaycey. :-)

Transfer day 14th June so if anyone would like a pretty tortie sow she could be moved then too. ;-)

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:10 am

I could help with transport for her is anyone is interested. I'm collecting Little Boar on Saturday 14th so I could collect her too.

I live in Leicester so can bring her further southwards if there was something interested.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Congratulations on your gorgeous new guy!

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:04 am

Congratulations, he is very handsome.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:32 am

He's a very fortunate boar. Congrats on your new fur kid. Please post lots of photos of him in his new forever home once he arrives, so we can admire him some more.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Bless you and thank you for taking him, Jaycey.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:51 pm

He will be arriving at mine on Tuesday for a few days before his journey south. Thanks Jaycey, it was meant to be! :-)

Meanwhile 3 little sows are all pregnant and due in the next day or two. Several pups due for rehoming in the next couple of months. :-/

clairey

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Keep us posted.

Can I ask what happened to lead to such a lot of babies?

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:27 am

Not long to go now.

Wle312 has offered to help with the transport webs. I've emailed you about it.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Long story really but little boar and his 2 sisters were an oops litter when a friend who used to foster piggies for the local rescue had a neighbour with 2 pairs of piggies. He had bred one litter of 4 with homes lined up although one owner didn't turn up - for the tortoiseshell girl.

Sadly daddy boar was still with mum after she gave birth leading to the oops litter including Little Boar. We got homes arranged for the sows as Thistle Cavies were taking one sister while I was taking the other sister and tortie girl leaving just a home required for the little boar - who is now heading for Jaycey. Sadly little boar wasn't taken out at 21 days, only a few days later but already too late! Oops litters now due to both sisters and mum - again. So now I will be taking a couple of pups off the Thistle litter instead as they don't want too many to look after again. This leaves homes required for a whole load of young pups plus tortie girl and sister.

One sister gave birth this morning to 2 sows and 2 boars. My friend can't take any more piggies as she had 20 already but is fostering the other pregnant sister temporarily. This means the neighbour just has the pregnant mum to look after along with his other piggies and is mortified and overwhelmed by what has happened. If only the right info had been read at the time. :-/

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:43 pm

At least the neighbor has the good grace to be mortified and overwhelmed, and to care, and hopefully to learn. The hard lesson, of course, always falls to the pigs and to those trying to help them, though. Bless you all for helping out.

99 posts