Three boars, one cage.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:59 pm

jacqueline, the picture with Mei (the rat) is after they had eaten it. I didn't check their paws but there was no loose compost in the cage when the pigs were done.

It makes me feel less guilty about not being home from work when the weather is nice and the weather being poor at the weekend when I could supervise them outside. :)

I'll keep you all updated on how it goes. If it works out we'll we might sacrifice a cage-base for the pigs.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Gorgeous pictures.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Who needs a light bulb when you've got white guinea pigs and sun beams?

Blu and Pickle (all white) have featured in this Chronicles a few times a year each time their people go on holiday they come for a holiday with me. Blu has the opportunity to sing at the ladies and rumble at our boars.. then take our his frustration on poor Pickle (any part will do.)

Blu was pulling all of the stops to get the ladies attention. From singing and rumbling at the boars to brute force.
"I will destroy these bars then show you all!"

Maisie would like to know whether Blu knows he's not chewing grass.

It must be quite annoying to be in full rumblestrut display mode and have an entire group of guinea pigs... not care.

Scribble: There are other guinea pigs behind me?

Meribel: I was just thinking about how the grass is greener at the other side of this fence...

Maisie: I like to wash my face!

jacqueline

Post   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:47 pm

How lucky you all are to be out in the sun! Nice shots. And, as always, Meribel has that glint in her eye. . .

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:05 pm

What lovely outdoor photos. Makes me feel like I went on a picnic just looking at them. The pigs look like they're enjoying their time out grazing on the lawn.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Fri May 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Maisie still takes food from her mummy's, and any other tolerant pigs, mouth while they are eating.

I like to pretend that she is giving her friends kisses :)

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat May 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Boyfriend and I have spent the past week with friends bouldering in Fontainebleau, France. We hiked a lot carrying food, water and our bouldering mats through secret deserts and boulder-littered forests often up very large hills.

The shape of some boulders was brilliant! Some resembling sharks swallowing sad faced beings.

And other more famous boulders resembling elephants

Other boulders had a name, but for me were just too "high ball" (tall) or difficult for me to attempt or reach the top.

Others, often those on the beginners (aka, "kids") circuits I was able to conquer! And I was delighted!

After days climbing, hiking and trying to ease aching hands and muscles before the next day of more climbing and hiking, boyfriend and I ventured into Paris - a place I've always dreamed to visit - for two days before coming home.

AHEM! we would like to interrupt Owners update to make a formal complaint.

Firstly, owner has been looking at upgrading her cage. We need your help in encouraging owner to stop looking at "tenement flats" and instead to open her mind to the idea of getting us somewhere like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... tein05.jpg

Also, why were we not consulted when Buddy disappeared only to reappear and have THIS happen?
No, no, stop looking at Rue - we are talking about the absence of hay from Hay Rack 1... yes, yes, we had grass in the cage but don't you know that guinea pigs need all hay racks to be full at all times?!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat May 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Sounds like a fun trip!!
And your guinea pigs are so adorable!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat May 24, 2014 10:13 pm

Your holiday looks fun and sounds like you kept very active. I don't think I would have managed climbing those boulders. Can't wait to see what is happening with the pigs living quarters. I bet you were glad to see them again.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sun May 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Thank you, Lynx! The holiday was very fun but also quite full on physically. I feel like I need a holiday to recover from my holiday. Apparently Paris isn't like Rome where landmarks are all quite close together. My poor wee feet :)

GP_mum, it's actually MY living quarters that I am hoping to change this summer. Fingers crossed that I find somewhere! I have a plan for my living room I just need to find the right flat!

serelixyue

Post   » Sun May 25, 2014 2:38 pm

Trip looked fantastic, how romatic....sighhhh. And love the "interruption" photo, haha, the pigs DID look unimpressed.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:12 pm

A series of events led up to the arrival of little Rue joining the herd. Of all the guinea pigs I have given a home to in my life I have never met one quite so determined to literally fly from one's arms as this little bundle of joy.

"I would like to go away now."

"It will take more than a handful of grass to make me want anything to do with you."

Maisie thinks that she's a little horror. Never have I ever heard sweet little Maisie chattering her teeth at any pig until I found Rue bouncing around her not sure whether to stuff her head beneath Maisie or hump her!

Maisie and Rue are about the same age. I thought for this reason that adopting Rue was the perfect idea so Maisie could have a pig her own age to run around after. I'm not sure I'll see them cuddling up together in a hide any time soon, though.

"Bring it on."

But don't worry, Maisie (notice her blue eyes!) has a secret weapon whenever Rue decides to bother her.

It's...

Nah, I'm only joking. Scribble is often too busy trying to defend his derrière hair from being touched to interfere in any of the sow's arguments.

The real weapon that Maisie has whenever she's being picked on is:
Mum!

As one of our heavyweight sows Meribel is the perfect pig to be friends with if you have a pig being a bit of a butt to you in the cage. As the only mum-pig in the group she seems to have the utmost respect from the entire herd! All Maisie has to do is put mum between herself and Rue.