Young pigs needing a home, Scotland, UK

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:04 am

Congratulations, he is very handsome.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:32 am

He's a very fortunate boar. Congrats on your new fur kid. Please post lots of photos of him in his new forever home once he arrives, so we can admire him some more.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Bless you and thank you for taking him, Jaycey.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:51 pm

He will be arriving at mine on Tuesday for a few days before his journey south. Thanks Jaycey, it was meant to be! :-)

Meanwhile 3 little sows are all pregnant and due in the next day or two. Several pups due for rehoming in the next couple of months. :-/

clairey

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Keep us posted.

Can I ask what happened to lead to such a lot of babies?

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:27 am

Not long to go now.

Wle312 has offered to help with the transport webs. I've emailed you about it.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Long story really but little boar and his 2 sisters were an oops litter when a friend who used to foster piggies for the local rescue had a neighbour with 2 pairs of piggies. He had bred one litter of 4 with homes lined up although one owner didn't turn up - for the tortoiseshell girl.

Sadly daddy boar was still with mum after she gave birth leading to the oops litter including Little Boar. We got homes arranged for the sows as Thistle Cavies were taking one sister while I was taking the other sister and tortie girl leaving just a home required for the little boar - who is now heading for Jaycey. Sadly little boar wasn't taken out at 21 days, only a few days later but already too late! Oops litters now due to both sisters and mum - again. So now I will be taking a couple of pups off the Thistle litter instead as they don't want too many to look after again. This leaves homes required for a whole load of young pups plus tortie girl and sister.

One sister gave birth this morning to 2 sows and 2 boars. My friend can't take any more piggies as she had 20 already but is fostering the other pregnant sister temporarily. This means the neighbour just has the pregnant mum to look after along with his other piggies and is mortified and overwhelmed by what has happened. If only the right info had been read at the time. :-/

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:43 pm

At least the neighbor has the good grace to be mortified and overwhelmed, and to care, and hopefully to learn. The hard lesson, of course, always falls to the pigs and to those trying to help them, though. Bless you all for helping out.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:26 am

Psst. I'm getting a new piggy tomorrow!!

*dances*

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:43 am

Pictures!!!!! :-)

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:12 pm

My last night with my little foster piggy. :-( He's quite a little character.

Hopefully Jaycey will supply more. :-)

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:10 pm

He is SO cute. I'm glad he's staying in the GL family.