Guinea Pig Math Schimpf Style.

poppycorn

Post   » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Aw :( Get well soon Erin!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:57 pm

Thank you Poppy. It was really rough but everyone pulled together and I took a week off school, but I'm feeling 100%.

2+2=?

"Something is up! Do you hear that!"

About a week ago I was posting on Kijiji for a local event when I decided to take a quick look at the free pets. There to my surprise someone posted 2 guinea pigs free with C&C cages.

One of these gals pulled too hard on my heart strings. She reminded me of an old lady I was once a salve to.

Who does she remind you of?

The second little girl I wasn't sure if I was going to take because of Mbizi. She has a lump on the side of her neck and after a visit to my vet and the information collected from the old owner and their vet its not a cyst or abscess. Its a Hemangioma and at this time (due to finances) we wont be doing anything with it. Surgery will be risky so we are currently weighing options until we have enough saved for more testing and surgery.

Isn't she a doll? Well these pre adoption photos don't do them justice!

Their names where Skittles and Bella but I didn't like those names.

Meet Alba (Italian for Dawn):

Boyfriend named our new Skinny friend Happy as in Happy the Hungry Hungry Hippo.

Their first week consisted of getting set up and watched like a hawk. Vet trips for everyone and a feel for what they like and don't like. Week two (our current week and after the ok clear from our very cavy savvy vet) we moved their cage next to ours.

This addition will have the divider removed to make a total of 10.5' long by 2' wide cage with a total of 21 Sq. Ft.

Reko and Chewie are still in their 2x6 cage:

Alba and Happy are in a 2x3 cage:
(Please note: They can not reach the palm tree. The one leaf that looks like its in the hay is in fact over top of the cage by 3". :D )

With such a miss matched pair take bum photos is, in my opinion, super hard because I want to run over and snorggle them both!

Happy has the weirdest way of sitting to eat hay. Half the time I see her eating she's sitting like this:

The other half of the time she is like this:

Reko isn't too sure about these new ladies, I think he's feeling is masculinity slipping away:

Chewie has no comment other than a kiss:

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:10 pm

Cute new pigs! And Chewie and Reko are cute as always!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:16 am

Congrats on your new fur kids. They're both gorgeous.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:37 am

Thank you! I was a bit nervous taking on both, more so Happy. I know I did everything I could with Mbizi but his loss still hurts. Happy, just as her name says, is a very happy piggie. Alba is my new suck though.,

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:42 am

I can imagine her tugging at your heart. She looks a bit like Eve.

poppycorn

Post   » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Happy and Alba are just gorgeous - as are Reko and Chewie as always. :D

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:17 pm

She sure does. Alba has more black and is a Silkie (mix her fur feels just like Eve's) because her hair sweeps naturally back at the face while Eve was a Peruvian cross:

Eve from years ago for comparison:

Hi Poppycorn, thank you. <3

tashab

Post   » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:49 pm

The new additions are very sweet looking.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:04 pm

Thank you Tashab

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:54 pm

We have a new friend, she's only staying for a few weeks. Keep an eye on this thread, I'm hoping to get some photos. She goes home beginning of August.

We also have a Mr. BedHead coming this weekend for a visit.

Pig sitting is fun! So many tummies to smooch, so little time.

serelixyue

Post   » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:57 pm

YES, that's what I saw when I saw Alba. I was like, that is reminiscent of Eve....but Eve's fur was more coarse not silky. both beautiful :)

I also love Chewie, I love a shy girl