Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:10 pm

So sorry about Squee.

poppycorn

Post   » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:27 pm

I'm sorry Brainerror. My thoughts are with you all. <3

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:13 am

So sorry for your loss of Squee. She was a lovely pig.

tashab

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:50 pm

I'm sorry about Squee. Internet hugs to you & yours if you want them.

serelixyue

Post   » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:55 pm

sorry d :( too many heartbreaks this mid autumn, but it was lovely <3 to see you so many times in just 2 weeks :')

Brainerror

Post   » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Thanks everyone, it's very much appreciated. Tashab, hugs are always welcome x

Today we buried Squee and she now takes pride and place on our livingroom windowsill :

We arrived back from hong kong this morning (miss you sere!) and discovered chubbles, squee's mum, has lost 100g and has enormous nipples. I can only feel one pea sized cyst on her ovary, so hopefully (!) a hormonal implant will help.

blurgh. I'm so cursed right now and I now have the photo to prove it, Ring style. :/

poppycorn

Post   » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:38 pm

I hope you had a great time with Sere and things improve for Chubbles. <3

Brainerror

Post   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:08 am

Chubbles will be going to the vet today. She's been a bit better now I've put her on metacam and gaining weight.

Also, we have a new family member..

tashab

Post   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Telling us there is a new family member without including photos is unkind :P

Brainerror

Post   » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:09 am

So yeah, we went back to HK to see some more of this lovely place and meet up with Serena again and her piggies.

After we came back we discovered Chubbles wasn't well... Chubbles has always been terrified of people, but now she has turned into this...
Actually cuddling, lying down and not shivering in fear. She seems very lethargic.
I decided to give her minimum dose of metacam each day until we saw the vet yesterday and that perked her up making her gain weight and be more active.
We saw a new small mammals vet and tbh I don't like him. He didn't listen and all he focussed on was her ovarian cysts and hellbend on operating. Luckily word is spreading in the vet practise that I work at the zoo and 2 of the consulting vets there are zoo vets so at least they won'rt force me into decisions anymore as i have some credibility now (seriously how much does it take?!).
Anyway, he wants to operate, I said no and to discuss it with the zoo vets. Chubbles is weaker and 7, maybe older, so I want an implant.
She'll be getting an ultrasound on Friday morning, if it is ovaries he will implant her and if it's something else he'll call me and discuss further action. Good compromise I think.

Amidst all the crap we have a new ray of light. Initially I wanted a younger pig, but as things go you always go home with the least expected.
Welcome to Truffle Mouse, Truffle for short. A 4 year old (although I reckon she's 5) white patched and silver agouti sow.

Hence the mouse part of her name! How big are dem ears?! :o

She's very cuddly and sweet, but Pudding our alpha hates her already chattering from a distance :/ Introductions may be a long drawn out process.