Welcome to The Asylum

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:18 am

Thank you all for your kind wishes!
As far as Wilbur's concerned, that balloon might be an eagle.
A very fat eagle! If I'm going to be honest, the balloon was mainly for me. I did put it out of sight of the boys, though, just in case they didn't like it.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:12 am

That is too funny (the eagle comment).

Brainerror

Post   » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:25 am

aww damian and maisie have similar colours to my pudding :)

serelixyue

Post   » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:12 pm

Wilbur, love the name. Happy birthday!!

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:24 pm

aww damian and maisie have similar colours to my pudding :)
It's a lovely colour isn't it? It's one of my favourites. I used to think it was lilac, but after seeing pictures of other lilac piggies I'm not so sure. Maybe beige?
Wilbur, love the name. Happy birthday!!
Thank you! When I adopted him, his name was Perry, but I didn't like it so I changed it. I think he looks a lot more like a Wilbur any way.

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:23 pm

I took a work colleague's dining room table off her hands and she came to deliver it last week with her five year old daughter, G. I let G stroke the boys and they were very well behaved. My colleague commented on how big Albert is and G said he was soft.

Albert is everybody's favourite. Maybe it's because he's big and fluffy and daft with a cute face. I have a guinea pig calender on my wall (not the Guinea Lynx one unfortunately) and my boyfriend is always saying the pigs in it aren't as cute as Albert. I love both my boys, but I have a bit of a soft spot for Wilbur. I like to think of him as the discerning (wo)man's pig as he's more laid back and not overtly funny like Albs (although he does have his moments).

Whenever I clean the boys out I put them in the big cuddle bed together. It's the only time they don't squabble (well, usually). As I was cleaning I heard Albert make an angry "uh-uh-uh" noise and I went to see what was going on. He and Wilbur were sitting top to tail in the cuddle bed, and when I lifted Albert up I noticed his chin was wet and there was a damp patch near Wilbur's bum. Wilbur had obviously peed in the cuddle bed and because his butt was next to Albert's head some of it had ended up on poor Albert!

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 8:16 am

Took Wilbur to the vet for a checkup today. Now he's an old man I want to make sure he's okay! Luckily, he got a clean bill of health, and the vet commented on how well-behaved he was. He just seemed to take it all in his stride and didn't make a fuss at all, even when the vet checked his teeth.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Glad to hear that Wilbur's vet visit went well and he was relaxed about it.

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Fri May 09, 2014 5:01 am

Thanks, GP Mum! Wilbur is a very chilled out guinea pig in general. He doesn't even mind having his claws trimmed. He's like a zen pig!

Lunatic Pandora

Post   » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:59 am

My boyfriend bought some customised Coke bottles for me and my pets. Obviously, the boys won't be drinking their Cokes, but I couldn't resist a photo opportunity!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:08 am

Love the bottles!

A few years ago someone on here had a set-up for water bottles that used a Coke bottle I can't remember who it was, Rshevin maybe? It would be cute if you were able to use the bottles.

Brainerror

Post   » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:16 am

Nah it is lavender in the trade (I think?). It's very nice..

and Albert does have similar colouring to Truffle, similar age too.