You're the one for me fatty!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:36 am

Truffle! Naughty girl, you're supposed to be making friends not enemies!

poppycorn

Post   » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:55 am

Truffle has that innocent lil face with a cheeky glint in her eye. <3

TexCavy

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Truffle is gorgeous.

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:13 am

She ADORES lap time <3 My heart is official hook, line and sinker.

Chubbles however, despite reacting well to her hormone injections, has now started crying whilst urinating. I've done a dipstick test and it indicates pos kidney failure. I'm just waiting for my vet to come back to me.. :( poor wee lamb.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:40 am

Poor Chubbles. At least she is in your competent hands.

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Good news!!

*smug mode*
Today I gave all 4 girls a buddy bath. Bonding in fear as I like to call it. As soon as I filled up the bath with water (not high, about an inch) the whole dynamics changed and true attitudes and places in hierarchy were revealed. Nibbler is definitely bottom, being the most submissive. Pudding is without a doubt Top. Chubbles may be above Truffle, but only time can tell.
Pudding used both Chubbles and Truffle as a way to escape the water, but mostly Truffle.
After being washed with Gorgeous Guineas shampoo and blow dried I put all four in their new freshly cleaned cage (with pirate fleece - ee!). You could clearly tell that Truffle was not challenging Pudding any more.
There's been a few scuffles, a few nose offs and chases, but all in all I think we can now safely say Truffle has been successfully integrated into the group
It's been relatively peaceful since 2pm! and we did make another level for Nibbler to escape to as they do pick on her still (always have).

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Oh, the wet pigs photo is adorable! Despite one guinea pig's obvious disagreement.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:23 pm

What pretty pigs you have, Brainerror.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:49 am

Glad they got their hierarchy all settled and can be a happy herd. Their cage looks fabulous.

Brainerror

Post   » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:19 am

thanks guys :)

bah truffle is now losing weight rapidly and Pudding has damaged her eye whilst bullying the others..

Anything else girls??

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:31 am

More sad news in guinea world.. On wednesday I lost my favourite pig at work, Ariel. It was so sudden. She fell ill on tuesday and I just knew she wasn't going to make it. Wednesday morning I came in and she was barely there.. her skin was blue, she was gasping and bloated. Since she was 6 we decided to let her go and not put her through complicated surgery that would probably be fatal. So with a heavy heart I say goodbye to a 3rd pig in the last 2 months..

The sadness doesn't stop there unfortunately. Chubbles is not well at all. She's peeing bloodied thick slimey sludge and she cries a lot when doing so. I'm suspecting stones.

Truffle is also not well. The rescue said she was 4, but I reckon it's closer to 6. She is losing weight and lies down more and more.

Both girls will be seen by my zoo colleague on Monday as my vet practise does referrals in which the zoo vets are involved in every monday. Hopefully she can figure out what's going on.

In good news however Truffle is the most adorable thing. She kisses and cuddles like no pigs' business and is really attached to me.

and I finally got my greedy claws on a Cupcake bed from http://pimpmypiggy.homestead.com/ <3

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:39 am

So sorry about your lovely pigs. :-(