There's a Mouse in the House!

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Good morning Oliver, you are looking very cute this morning!

goosey1019

Post   » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Aw, look at that crest. It's adorable!

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:20 pm

Ack. I think he has mites. At least I'm hoping that's what it is. He freaks out anytime I scratch him, especially on his butt. I have video I'm trying to upload.... at one point when I scratched him he literally rolled halfway over trying to get away from it. He passed his vet check for everything elae, so I hope it's not something serious :(

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:43 pm

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:09 pm

I fixed it so it would click.

Are you sure he isn't just really annoyed? Maybe ticklish? If it is mites, I think you'd see scratching or dandruff. Not hard to treat for mites if you need to though.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:58 pm

He is scratching some... it wouldn't worry me so much if he hadn't flipped on his side, like on the video. I have never seen anything like that, not that I'm an expert. I did notice he is shedding quite a bit.

Thanks for fixing through link, Lynx.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:23 am

Mites are gross, but they're not the worst thing ever. He'll be fine. He's adorbs!

clairey

Post   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:09 am

It doesn't look like a mites reaction to me but I'd treat him anyway. My method of knowing when my pigs have mites is gross. I get noticably itchy eyebrows. :(

I'd not be concerned about the leg flip thing. Robert does similar in slow motion when I get to one of his sensitive bits. It looks to me like he has a tickly spot that is just TOO tickly. It could be mites or it could be that once he's settled in properly, he'll purr and cashew when you get to that bit.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:15 am

Okay, thank you. I will treat anyway, since he's still in quarantine. I was really most concerned about the "roll" part - he seems totally fine otherwise, but that seemed super strange to me.

Glad to know maybe it's just his bits. :)

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:13 pm

Can someone check my calculation?

Oliver is 2# 7oz, so 1.1 kilo, apprx.

Here is my ivermectin.

Here is my dose.

So I will put ~0.1 cc of the solution behind his ears. So up to the first dash on a 1cc syringe.

I'm pretty sure I remember how to do this but want to double check.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:54 pm

Looks good to me!

Hey, I put pour-on ivermectin on my chicken today!

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Lynx we should have shared! I got a GIANT bottle and need 0.3 mL LOL. :)