Milkyway - From Hell to Here aka Mikly & Friends

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Tika is so beautiful.

TexCavy

Post   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:20 am

Thanks Jane. She's my sweet biting baby. nips mostly. But she is boss of the herd. I am glad she and Xaica get along now. I've had boars that never settled their differences. Was not fun. Made me even think for a long time that boars getting along was rare. Was just my first two dominant ones though. Boars can get along sometimes I learned. Even often.

TexCavy

Post   » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:13 pm

We will have one hour on the morning of 6th to get Tika to accept a new herd member. I'm not confident about that sort of time limit. Might as well pick a guinea pig, bring her home and not even make my babies have to ride down there. But they won't do it for me like that the way Julia used to. I wish they would believe that I'm pretty good at matchups between piggies. That seems like a ridiculously short time to set aside for intros.

TexCavy

Post   » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Must correct my mistake.
I misunderstood. We will have two hours for guinea pig herd intros at the rescue on the 6th. That's much better. However there are only two single females available at this time. I hope Top Pig Tika will like one of them.

TexCavy

Post   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:30 am

Planned for this Saturday -

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:34 am

I like this.

Hope Tika can accept one of the available females.

BTW, where did you come up with her name?

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:00 pm

I believe after Baltika, the beer. She is a beautiful girl

TexCavy

Post   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:16 pm

JaneDoe is right. Its a Russian beer. Also in some language, Tika means wonder of life, and Tika almost died after her birth getting smothered by her aunt who was still pregnant and anxious to start mommying.

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:27 pm

She is a miracle pig! And very beautiful.

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:41 pm

THings went well, pics to come. I promise to look over some threads I have lost touch on before or just after I post, in return for your attention on this one after I share photos!

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:15 am

Oh, good. I was wondering how the visit went today. Looking forward to photos.

And thanks for the name explanation.

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:00 am

Ok, here are the new gals.
Sorry I cannot fix red eyes or white eye on this comp.

First Daddy's new baby cause she picked him as her favorite straight away. This is Chutney. Chutney is of course a condiment sort of sauce or jelly like stuff made from spices and fruit or vegetables and sometimes fermented a little. Alcohol content is likely under 1%. Still the name sticks to my alcohol themed names that I somehow got into.

And this one is Parfait.
Named after Parfait d'Amour, which is a rich brightly colored purple liqueur made from a Curaçao liqueur base. Alcohol content is about 30%.

These were two single gals before we showed up at the rescue. Here they are during a buddy cuddle which is what I use in place of buddy baths for mildly disputing pigs and save bath for when it is more difficult to pair a couple of pigs. Suddenly they were best buds when placed on the piggy blankie on the bed. Still not perfect in cage, but much better. They lived side by side in adjoining cages and apparently have had a lot of words with one another which they need to sort out.

IF enough folks wish it, or if there is enough begging from a couple folks, I will also share some intro pics from the piggy meetings next time I get on here. Things went better than expected except for traveling. I took two travel cages and wound up having to stop at a liquor store to get a box as well. One of the new gals in a box, Tika in the small travel cage, and the other three in the big travel cage. I have pics of that too. :D