There's a Mouse in the House!

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:27 am

Wow, your boars plum wore each other out! The looks on their faces are priceless, too. Ace looks like he narrowly managed to get out of the road before a semi blew past. And Oliver (the semi?) looks frustrated, like he is thinking *Must sniff rumble chase hump dominate explore eat more more MORE but... just... can't... move...*

And, your poor carpet...

My little boy will produce that much glue at once -- if he gets excited enough. Certain cozies are repeated targets, not sure why he falls in love with some but not others.

Hope they let you sleep tonight!

GPIG

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:50 am

Perfect looking poo though!!!

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:19 am

They were QUIET all night!!! I woke up a couple times and checked on them, and sometimes they were eating, sometimes they were zonked. I have never seen either of them so tired. It's hilarious.

They are sleeping and eating *near* each other, and this morning it sounded like this:

*munch munch rumble hump hump popcoooooorn*

Oliver was definitely dominant during the 3 hours they were out of the cage last night, but Ace was after they were in their redesigned cage. I have no idea who is the top pig in this cage. Time will tell. They love their new cage, its much bigger!

I told them if they were good all day, they could have their houses back. *snicker*

ETA: I didn't take weights this morning, I was too scared. I knew I would freak out if Oliver lost weight, which *probably* happened. Heh. Hopefully Ace gets a little more exercise now. :)

clairey

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:49 am

Ah, they look so worn out!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:19 am

Pretty good post intro photos actually. I hope they continue to get along. Will be nice for both to have company, even if they can't be best pals. But sleeping near each other is a good sign.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:17 am

All is well, so far. There is still a little rumbling and occasional mounting, but it is better than I expected. I did weigh-ins last night, and Oliver had lost about an ounce, and Ace had lost about 2.5 oz, since his last weigh in.

I don't weigh Ace as often (once every week or week and a half), so this may be in part to his "diet" of greatly reduced pellets, and partly due to the exercise he is now receiving. :) I am watching closely, and will weigh him more often until he stabilizes.

Will try and get more pics up tonight :)

clairey

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Yes, we need more pics of the new pals. Oliver looks so plush and squishable.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:14 pm

Do you see what I see? :-D weights are up today.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:38 am

Awww. Boarly love. A bit of deer in the headlights kind of boarly love in that photo, but still. Looks good.

Wish I were brave enough to pair two boys. Or even attempt intros. So stressful. Glad it is going so well for Oliver and Ace. May the calm and peace continue.

clairey

Post   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:36 am

Oh bless them.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:40 am

Bless them, indeed, clairey. :) They are acting like long lost pals, honestly. Their humping and rumbling are good-natured, and interspersed with dueling popcorns.

They honestly act much like Ace and Rudy did as a pair, and they were full brothers. I took Oliver out last night to weigh him, and Ace was running around wheeking for him. Precious. :)

clairey

Post   » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:58 am

Boar love is the best.