WindeSpirit.com ~ Sewing 4 A Cause

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:35 am

The day is nearing for you Jacqueline to get your girls to! I guess Blaze will just have to deal with being the new piggy of the house till then.
As for house sizes, they will snuggle in comfortably in all the houses you've gotten. The only one that may raise a eyebrow is the Sand Castles, any Cuy trying to sprawl out in them I don't see happening. If I get my behind in gear and finish up the main Castle though, those won't be a problem. The only other house that might be a size issue is the Acorn, it's not designed with a longer body in mind so the X-large would be better, and room enough for 2 cuy to snuggle in.

As for Cozies, the double size is large enough for one Cuy, but slightly on the cramped side of what I'm use to seeing, again due to body length. The Pockets however, we've not had be successful as of yet, there doesn't seem to be enough height opening for their preferences. I believe another size will address these issues and will be coming in the future. Also, another design of Bonding Pocket that is more size suitable for Cuy. Tunnels, Couches, Oval Loungers, Cabana Beds, Sleep & Snack Hay House, and everything else, The Paw Crew of the past did a excellent job in teaching me what is acceptable comfort for "voluptuous" and "large boned" piggies *wink*. A goofy little ferret by the name of Elliott (R.I.P.) helped a bit with sizing too.

Sef - Beatriz just licked the screen, I think that means thank you!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:48 am

Awwww. :}

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:19 am

Here is a picture of a liner I bought. I think it is so pretty I have it draped over the back of my sofa. Jezabelle and Kellie are posing in front.

jacqueline

Post   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:19 am

Wow!!! Thanks almost too pretty to use as a liner!!!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:28 am

That liner is really amazing! Looks wonderful over your sofa. :)

I am not sure that Jezabelle and Kellie approve of the location, however.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:50 am

I also think it's too pretty to put in their cage.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:16 pm

C.CC - I think your girls and the cage blanket have a 'goes together' look :-) Pure coincidence to. I still feel honored you have it on your sofa.

I'm still surprised nobody asked for one for a gift or something of that sort and done in a special piggies colors. Oh well, maybe someday.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:49 am

Oh, that is beautiful!

jacqueline

Post   » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:43 am

Actually, you just gave me an idea. I know you make liners. But could you make a liner that looks like a lap blanket? It seems to me it wouldn't be much different.

I'd love to have one in honor of the 4 lethals I have/had. so, maybe a darker background, and four white piggies stitched in?

Let me know if that's possible. Thanks!!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:46 am

Jacqueline - Beatriz, Luna, and I would love to make one for you :-)
Just one request, email me all 4 of the names, Dak seems to be the only one I consistently get right.

jacqueline

Post   » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:09 pm

You're the bestest!! Just a small lap size blanket.

There was Amelia, Billie, Dash, and Dak. Dak is the only one left, out of sheer stubbornness. He's my boy, and soon to be a whopping 5 years old!

Saskia has picked out two piggies for us - Rosalinda and Alexandra - big names for two big girls. Their video is here:

http://www.laguineapigrescue.com/the-guinea-pigs.html

Looks like they'll be traveling home with valerie the end of this month! So excited!!!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Awesome! Stubbornness is good. Amelia & Billie, that's the 2 that always eluded me, and Dash, well there is a couple others with same name and I always second guess.

Gasp! Casper is still there. I knew I shouldn't have looked.
Rosalinda & Alexandra, pretty names for pretty ladies. I wonder if they'll know what the plane ticket in their stockings will be to?
Valerie, you Rock!