Post   » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Yes, pictures!

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:55 am

Mazel tov!

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:28 am

Ok Some pics from the meetings.
The cutest thing was when Chutney laid down all comfy and splayed out and Roden went to lie down next to her.
Well, as close he dare to actually.
There are pics from my angle on one side and MrTex's from the other side.

The "candy" pellets are only used by the rescue during intros and sometimes for sick pigs who need to gain weight. They are not a cheap brand of junk pellets, they are Gerty. Not ideal but far better than cheap junk pellets. And as i said used only on special occasions.

The traveling home pics of the big separation after the only major scuffle so far caused by close quarters in the travel cage. We have Tika in a small square C and C grid carrier. Chutney in a liquor store box. Best place to get boxes, cause other stores tend to break them down immediately. Then we have Parfait on one side of the large grid travel cage and Xaica and Roden on the other.

Parfait is really much more gorgeous than she looks in most pictures. Chutney is rather photogenic but she is also even more stunningly colored in person. When we walked through the rescue passing cages of males and of females on pregnancy watch who were not available yet, these were the first two to run up to the cage edge to greet us. Still run if we try to pick them up though.
Parfait is terrified of being picked up. But we are working on it. Chutney is apprehensive about being carried home after cuddles and likes to nip a blue and purple knot onto my inner arm the way Foster used to do if I did not carry him in the right position - mouth facing away from me. heheh. She is training me. A few more nips and I will remember the proper carry position.
:D

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:35 am

Such lovelies!!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:21 am

They are all so adorable. Sounds like you have some real personalities going on.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:36 am

Cuties! Looks like you're going to have some fun.

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:17 pm

SAD NEWS.
And now we are six...
Tika was named after Baltika Russian beer and shortened to Tika because it means "wonder of life" in an African language or some such. When she was born she almost died being smothered by another rescued pregnant pig who was very anxious to start mothering. She had stopped breathing and was limp. She was found just in time for a warm snuggle and massage to restart her heart and breathing.

Last night in the middle of the night I found her in a spot of the cage she didn't even like to go to and she was fluffed up and sort of seizing. I held and cuddled her until she passed. It was something sudden because the other day she was eating grass and green pepper happily.

It has been awesome to have this little guinea pig girl in my life. She was always assertive. Loved to nip my skin in a tiny pinch and pull as far as it would stretch. She never bit her human daddy though. She was bossy with her cagemates when they came near her but she mostly preferred to be alone. During cage cleanings she had to be put in a separate holding cage or she would nip her cage mates repeatedly. Her favorite veggie was probably Romaine lettuce. She will be missed very much. Popcorn free at the bridge little one.

Classicalcavy

Post   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:43 pm

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:31 pm

So sorry for your loss of Tika. She had a big personality.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:33 pm

I am so sorry you lost her, TexCavy - she was part of your life for so many years.