The Big Fluffy Fun World of Cuys!!

jacqueline

Post   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:01 pm

So, if you want the whole back story of ow Alexandria and Rosalinda came into my life, browse here:
viewtopic.php?t=70863

I picked Alex and Rosie up at Reagan Washington airport 10 p.m. january 8. Today I mlved them into their new dogs with my other three girls, separated by a grid for now:

And here is "Ghost" (my newest white pig rescue who needs a new name!) sayng hello to Rosie:

Just moments ago,Alex and Rosie were chasing each other around the cage. They're not as dainty or light on their feet. Think thunder. . .

It looks like I'll be bringing Rosie out to the vet's soon. I saw a white cloudy thing in her right eye. It looks to me like a cataract, but I do need to have it checked.

clairey

Post   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:10 pm

Yay, a giant pigs chronicle.

Maybe Rosie has a little hay poke from the trip? It's lovely to see her chatting over the garden fence to their new neighbour.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:11 pm

So cute! I think Ghost is a fine name for your white pig.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:15 pm

Does Ghost have black eyes?

jacqueline

Post   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Ghost is all white except for a little tan patch on the top of her head, over her ear that looks kind of like a beret.

Yes, she has dark eyes, maybe black. Definitely not red of any shade.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Looks like a giant version of Pandora. What does she weigh?

jacqueline

Post   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:11 pm

I think the angle is what makes her look so big. She's only about 900 grams or so.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Such a pretty girl!

Wheekers3

Post   » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:58 am

Gotta love those ears! I wanna kiss them.

TexCavy

Post   » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:30 am

Did my info help at all? I am glad they made it to you! They are so cute. A cool synonym of Ghost is Mirage. Just an idea.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:40 pm

Tex, I remember one of my FB friends thought Milkyway was a cuy :)

jacqueline

Post   » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:28 pm

So, Alex and Rosie seem to enjoy chasing each other in zoomies around the cage. Quite a sight to see, and hear

I can see signs of them settling in a bit. Right now Alex is sprawled out in the open, butt sticking through the grids. I think they're starting to get a sense of the routine, and how close I can get to them before they feel compelled to run and hide.

I feel lucky that all my cages surround my sofa in the livingroom, so I get to watch them whenever I'm home.

They seem to have a bursts of energy once I turn out the lights and head into bed. I can hear them galumphing around and squealing. Alex is a very loudly vocal pig. She's also the boldest and bravest.

It would be great to set up some sort of camera that I could record some of their antics. Is there an easy way to do that? anyone care to offer some suggestions?