Training I never meant to do...

notsaying

Post   » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:29 am

So for the longest time, if my alrm went off, I'd wake up and feed Penny. But of course, now she associates the sound and me moving with food. And if I don't give it to her right then, she begans squeaking. Goodbye sleeping. :(
( Oh and it's not just me she is keeping up. Yesterday, my roomate, sleeping in the room next door told me to her feed the guinea pig (so she would be quiet)

Brambles

Post   » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:49 am

Hello :)

My piggies call out when they the sound of any bag: plastic bag (groceries), fabric bag (fresh grass), paper bag (new toy), etc etc. They call out when they hear my mother in law pass in front of their room, because she always gives them food in between meal times. I'm not sure there's much to do there, they just like routine and they'll remind you if you forget it.

Have you tried feeding right before you go to sleep?

notsaying

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:52 pm

I could but it isn't always a bad thing because I tend to sleep in.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:26 am

They are training you well. As soon as you stop feeding them on demand, after a few days, they will stop ;)

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:26 am

Not saying: I feed my guys when I get up too. But they seem to know I need to visit the bathroom before they get pellets. So they just stare at me, no wheeking, when I start moving around in the morning.

Hunybee

Post   » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:52 pm

Mine wheeks when the dog starts whining. The dog whines while I prepare her food. So I guess Rosie trained me to feed her at the same time.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Mine are like GuineaPiggin's. I can go to the bathroom and make coffee before they start wheeking, but if there's any variation in the routine, boy! do they let me know it!

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:59 pm

Mine woke up with my alarm clock. On the weekends they would actually sleep in like the rest of us.