Rescues/Adopters near Kalamazoo, Michigan

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Someone near Kalamazoo, Michigan contacted me for help in placing her three guinea pigs:
"One is a female (mouse) she is about 3 she is in a cage next to my 2 males father and son. One is 1 1/2 and the other is 6 months. They are together in a cage and they get along. We live near gobles but come into kzoo a lot. Other than that I know they are healthy they have been taken good care of and I need them in good homes. So anything you can do let me know thanks"

These three piggies belonged to her son, who sadly passed away, so she is looking to rehome them.

I am in California and have no idea which rescues might be active near Kalamazoo or Gobles, Michigan or if anyone might be interested in these piggies. Any help is appreciated.

So any leads to rescues/shelters who might be good?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:53 am

CH -- if it were me I'd contact Rose at Critter Corral. I'm willing to bet she'd know of anyone in that area who's good, who to stay away from, or if there's even anyone active covering that area. Rose knows errthing. ;-)

If she "knows they are healthy", then her son likely took them to a cavy-knowledgeable vet. If she knows who that is, she might contact the vet and put the word out in that way -- as long as the vet is in fact a competent exotics vet.