Drooling, not eating

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Personally, I do not recommend "making one on the spot". This is a patented product, not to mention you can get an excellent pattern to make your own from neoprene along with most excellent advice on tweaking it, sizing, and use from the designer. I would consider getting an offical pattern instead from Pinta.

Rufi

Post   » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Lynx, you are right, but I was just happy that there is something done. After a long time I am a little bit optimistic.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:29 pm

What did he make it out of?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:05 pm

Yes, I was wondering too. The neoprene is stretchy.

Rufi

Post   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:49 am

It is not neoprene, but it is rubbery. The vet knew how the Chin-Sling works (though he knew the device under an another name). The drawback is that is not custom made by a somebody experienced.
The best option for me would be to order a custom made Chin-Sling, but it would take a few weeks to get them.

Unfortunately, his teeth (at least the incisors) have overgrown again, they will have to be clipped.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:18 am

Do you have access to neoprene in Romania?

pinta

Post   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:06 pm

There is no other name for it.

I'd be very interested in where he heard of it.

Rufi

Post   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:20 pm

I bought an ankle neoprene brace. I will try to make Chin-Sling myself.

@Pinta: When I will take Rufi to the vet, if you want, I will ask him.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Do NOT repeat DO NOT let them clip his incisors too short!!!

If they do, you'll be back to square one again, with him not being able to pick anything up.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:23 pm

Rufi -- the Chin-Sling is a medical appliance.

Trying to rig one yourself could very well do more harm than good. If you have the neoprene from the brace, that's a great start, but if it were me I'd order the pattern from Pinta.

Her design has been tested, tweaked, tested some more, tweaked some more, and is copyrighted. Again, this is a medical appliance -- it isn't something you can rig up reliably and safely on your own on the fly.

pinta

Post   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:59 pm

No worries. He has ordered the pattern.

Rufi

Post   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:00 pm

Now I have some experience with incisors clipped too short, I will try to make sure they will be cut to the right size.

I have Pinta's pattern. The problem is that I have two left hands. I would have ordered a custom made sling, but from my previous experiences, it takes a month to be delivered something from America (though I ordered only from USA, not Canada).