Once Upon A Time...

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:50 pm

There was a beautiful princess. Her name was Princess Swizzle. No one knows much about her past, for this subject was shrouded in myth and rumor. I do know, however, that she was owned by a dame who had not enough time to serve Her Highness. And so, Princess Swizzle was given a new servant; ME.

I should probably describe Princess Swizzle. She is 10 months old, and a charming little TSW Abyssinian diva. She is a single piggy, as there is no other piggy, boar or sow, that would ever hope to be worthy of Her Royal Highness.

Back to the story. I, Princess Swizzle's new Royal Servant, am pleased to announce that I have been given the honor of telling of the wonderful adventures and dangerous sagas of Her Royal Highness, Princess Swizzle!

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:19 pm

What a cute girl!

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:24 pm

She is adorable but temperamental. One second she's trying to be the boss and gets all high strung and the next she is sweet and cuddly. She is a piece of work but I'd say she's the best piggy I've ever had.

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:55 pm

Dear Readers...

Ever since I brought Swizzle home I have kept the radio on in my absence. She enjoys listening to the news, and also "Jingle Bells".

Today I found out that she LOVES watching TV! I had her on my lap and expected another 10 minute session as Her Majesty prefers, but she sat and watched Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 for 30 minutes! She munched cucumber and kale, and wheeked at some dude in a chicken costume because he made a noise that sounded a little like a wheek rather than a cluck.

I'd say she fully trusts me, because I can pet her and hold her and she only wheeks if I suspend her in the air for too long or if I pet her Aby hair the wrong way. I think I just have to be careful to maintain her trust. Like, she trusts me but the trust is fragile.

But I think it's going well. The last time I had a guinea pig I was 8 and did everything wrong. So Tiny was terrified if I even put my hand in the cage. I didn't abuse her of course, I was just very clumsy so after a while every little thing scared her.

- Swizzle's Mom

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:56 am

What a lovely story :)

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:03 am

I love this story so far! But I would like to object to one thing: I think there are very few piggies who wouldn't rather be served by a piggy servant as well as a human one. A properly royal piggy requires BOTH types of servants and does much better with a full complement of staff. Please consider getting Swizzle a piggy assistant!

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:43 am

I know all piggies need companions, but unfortunately, I tried with her to no avail. :( Please read this thread: (I am also on a different piggy forum):
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/thre ... ig.121013/

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:12 am

*ATTENTION READERS! A NEW DECREE HAS BEEN MADE!*

Princess Swizzle has decreed I can no longer enter my room unless armed with a tasty snack. I cannot sneak by her, for she is directly in front of the door . If she lets me past she just waits till I'm comfy and warm in my bed and then wheeks as loud as she can and won't stop. *sigh*

In other news, Swizzle has decided that Socks the cat amuses her. She lures him in with her piggy smells and wheeky sounds and proceeds to eat his whiskers. Then she'll sneeze and the scaredy-cat will run away as fast as his legs can take him. When I enter the room she acts scared and runs around the cage and wheeks until I calm her down with a snack. How do I know all this and do not believe her adorable lies? I watch with the door cracked open.

Oh, and I'm being punished for being sick for 4 days and missing cuddle times. Obviously(not) I chose to be sick as an excuse because I don't like her anymore.

I love being a piggy slave.

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Today was bath day. La princesse hated every second of it and extends a plea out to her readers to (quote unquote) "SAVE ME FROM MY HORRIBLE LIFE!!" The reason I bathed her was she was sporting brown gloves (I heard this term from Fairy's blog) and oily, slightly clumpy, smelly fur. So we took a trip to the tub. She tried to convince me that she wasn't wheeking to me anymore, but I got out of it with bribery; chopped celery and apple on a bed of Romaine lettuce topped with croutons (not really croutons just a teensy amount of dried wheat bread). So now all is well in Princess Swizzle's kingdom.

Never mind, she just reminded me that I still haven't given her a Christmas present yet. *oops*

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:06 pm

Sorry I haven't updated in forever!!! Princess Swizzle is as bossy as ever. Today was a lazy day. I did cage maintenance just yesterday and her cage is already poopy again, I'm saving up to get her a bigger cage. I feel horrible that her cage is so small, but I'm broke! So she'll have to stay in her little apartment for a while and get a bunch of daily free time. So, now pictures!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:16 am

I can't seem to see the pictures at the bottom. We recently lost Jemma and we were afraid jasmine her sister and cage mate would fret without her, so we got 3 more piggies to keep Jasmine happy.

But nothing we tried worked to get her to like them. She would lunge at them, chase them, nip at them. In the end Jasmine is alone but she can see Joy and Jan through the barrier and the new piggies Jaffa, Jupiter and Jill have their own cage.

Princess Swizzle sounds a demanding piggy (joking), but a very pretty piggy. Perhaps offer her a little cherry tomato as a treat? My piggies love it though they only get a little due to the acid. Bowing to Princess Swizzle so are my girls, sending you and Socks big hugs.

Great story so far. You do know you can put one cage on top of another as long as it has a floor if you're short on room.