Request for heart pig stories

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2015 9:25 am

I need access to the heart xrays but Photobucket isn't allowing access for me, are they available anywhere else? Thanks.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon May 04, 2015 9:31 am

https://www.guinealynx.info/heart.html

I can click ont them from this page. They're jpg's so will let me save them to my computer

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2015 9:38 am

Perfect! Thanks, Jaycey. There's a whole new chapter on Barley appearing soon. He and his brother Horlicks appear to have abnormalities we are trying to get to the root of.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon May 04, 2015 9:40 am

Oh no! Hope they're okay. I really need to catch up on my chronicles page, poor Podrick hasn't even arrived on it yet.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Is it useful for me to describe Cookie's stuff here, given that we didn't do an x-ray to confirm her diagnosis?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:40 pm

Yes, if you saw treatment results consistent with heart issues.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:00 pm

Ditto Lynx. Yes, especially since a definitive diagnosis is often hard to come by, and we so often go on clinical sign and treatment response results.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:05 pm

Sounds like there are no results yet (I read her thread).

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Finally got round to the update! Poor Barley is now added to the list. Read about his problems so far here.

angiemthomas

Post   » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:01 am

I have lasix if anyone wants it. I dont need it

forEliandEdwin

Post   » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:28 pm

1 - breed, age and sex of pig

Abyssinian, 1, male

2 - brief description of symptoms that made you suspect heart problems

Ever since I bought him (very young, maybe a month old max), his breathing was very visible in his body and he often made snorting noises but never any signs of eye, ear, or nose discharge. He lived like this for almost over a year until his sudden, unexplained death when he was watching his cage mate be cared for pre-dental surgery.

3 - diagnostics done and the results

We had an exam the first month we had him. The vet said he was completely healthy, despite what we thought to be labored breathing.

4 - treatment, med and dosage

n/a

5 - results of treatment

n/a

6 - other med issues

n/a

M+M

Post   » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:18 am

Short haired, 5 years old, female
Was prone to occasional bumblefoot, at around 4 1/2 she obtained pea eye in her left eye. 28/09/2016 we took her to see our vet because her breathing was heavy, she was very lethargic but still eating and drinking.
3 - diagnostics done and the results
Treated for 7 days with Baytril for suspected URI. By 05/10/2016 , there was no improvement, breathing worsened, she progressively stopped eating. Rushed to the vet the next day, an x-ray showed an enlarged heart, fluid in the lungs and gas in her intestines due to her swallowing air.
4 - treatment, med and dosage
- 1/4 tablet of Fortekor (2.5mg)
- 1/2 tablet Vetmedin (2.5mg) 2x a day
- 0.3mL Frusemide (10mg/mL) 4x per day
5 - results of treatment
Eating well, very energetic, breathing is improving unless there are big changes in temperature, hind feet a normal colour.
6 - other med issues
ovarian cysts which we are currently looking into hormonal treatment for
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Short haired, 5 years old, female
Hooting, difficulty breathing, gassy, heavy sleeper, elevated heart rate
3 - diagnostics done and the results + 4 - treatment, med and dosage
Trialled on the same dose of Fortekor and Vetmedin as written above. Original Frusemide dosage had to be upped from 0.4mL 2x a day to 0.3mL 4x a day after fluid still present in lungs.
5 - results of treatment
Much more vocal, energetic, the hooting stopped
6 - other med issues
Had a bladder stone removed early in 2016 without issue, reoccurring periods of calcium sludge, recovered from an ear infection, ovarian cysts found for which we are seeking hormonal treatment.