Two adorable female babies in Michigan

Pippipig

Post   » Fri May 08, 2015 6:57 pm

What's a couple more guinea pigs...;)

Baba

Post   » Fri May 08, 2015 10:52 pm

Man - if I weren't too far away I would take them.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Post   » Fri May 08, 2015 11:28 pm

Hehe. I'm not the one who needs convincing when it comes to animals :-).

Actually, to be honest I've been searching for a third for my Clementine and Indiana. My cage isn't big enough for 4. I did have a spare 2x3 (from when I adopted Daisy last summer, before she passed away from her cancer), but I borrowed it to a rescue for a bunny cage and I'm not sure what they ended up doing with it because when I went to get it back it was gone.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 4:05 am

I'll be up in the Novi, MI area first week of June. If there is anyone interested in these 2 between there and Dallas Texas, I can help with transport. I have a spot for one more carrier at the moment.

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 10:36 am

Ok I am interested. I didn't post this here but Linus Piggy and Robin Piggy passed away on black friday, and the day before I went back home for Christmas respectively. They were both approaching 7 when they died. Linus had water on his lungs, and Robin had heart issues, and got really depressed after his cage mate died. I thought he was going to pull through with heart meds but it was just to much for him.

My husband and I miss having piggies at home. I still have a 2X7 raised cc cage, with tons of awesome cage liners made by Becky. (yes my pigs were spoiled and I managed to get two males to get along.)

I live in Medina, South of Cleveland, but my parents live in Bowling Green Ohio South of Toledo, so I would just need to take a trip to my parents to pick them up. We could meet in Toledo or somewhere.

I'm going on trip to Germany, next week and the week after. But after that I could get them on one of the weekends.

Also do you have anymore current pictures? And are they part textal?

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 10:40 am

Also my old piggiedom chronicle. The later picture are more like my current setup.

viewtopic.php?t=54328&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 11:05 am

Tell me where to send the coffee money!! :-)

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Mapleowl18, you could get all 3 little ones. *hint-hint- nudge-nudge* :-)

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 5:12 pm

I'm so glad their uppity-ears are going to stay on GL!! (*probably* so as not to jinx it!)

Sasha the pig

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 5:39 pm

They are so cute! I do hope that they get a good home. The black one looks like Sasha, but without the long wavy hair :P

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Mapleowl18 - I checked GL very early yesterday and didn't see your post. I think I was depressed because the rescue had found an adopter for them they want to approve. The potential adopter fosters for another rescue and had a guinea pig for 6.5 years. She seems like a good gp mom, although I am a little concerned that she has cats and dogs. However, I know others on here have them too.

I'm depressed because I have become very attached to them and it is hard to think about them leaving. I have two neutered boys in a large, open "free range" cage in the kitchen and don't think I could give them

The rescue is doing a house check this week and I expect the adopter will pass inspection and adopt them.

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 6:51 pm

Whoops, I submitted the above by mistake while I was working on it. I must have hit some wrong key.

I was working on the second paragraph which was going to end with the idea that I didn't think I could give the girls quite as nice a life as my boys have and wasn't sure they could be put together in one cage. My boys have never fought (not even during their introduction), but I am not sure how it would work with two little girls in the mix.

Even though they might be adopted out, you could always fill in the application form with RASA that I linked in the first post just in case. The rescue knows I listed them here hoping to get a very good home and I would let them know about your application. I would LOVE for them to stay on GL and could drive to Toledo.

WindeSpirit - I'm in Novi, so that would have been a wonderful offer. Thanks!