Two adorable female babies in Michigan

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Here is Squeekers from a few days ago:

Here is Wheekers from the same time. I've kept the box they had in their first home. She loves to hop up on it:

Here is Ivy (notice the blobs of CC on my hand)

Wheeker's and Squeeker's favorite sport is watching Ivy. See her nose on the far right. (I hope they aren't too attached to her)

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 8:47 pm

So cute!

Ok I'll fill out the application. Even if it doesn't work out they'll have a good home. And yes I could take all 3.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 8:49 pm

I am sorry you lost your older guys, Mapleowl18. It is hard - I wish they lived longer, healthier lives.

Adopting a few pups sound like a great idea!
I hear there are three :-)

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 10:13 pm

I filled out the application.

Here's a picture of my cage setup

Image[/img]

Its technically a modified 2X7 with 2 hay area's slightly separate from the main cage. It raised on a layer of girds to provide storage space for the fleece. I think I might make the hay area's harder for the hay to get behind, and put doors on the under cage storage area's to keep out curious pigs. They liked to lounge on the clean piggy laundry during floor time.

And here's Robin Pig who's bum you can see in the picture

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu May 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Oh boy.

If you can take all 3 and with that setup, I really really really hope the rescue goes ahead and gives them to you.

The other adopter is probably a good caretaker, but if s/he has other animals and is also a rescuer herself (or himself), the chances of you being able to give them more time, direct attention and personal care are much greater.

I think it'll depend on how much the other person wants them. I'm hoping for a situation where that person says "oh this applicant sounds great. Fine with me, let me know if I can help out in future."

S&T -- you've done a wonderful job with Ivy. Kudos to you.

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu May 14, 2015 1:24 pm

I agree with Talishan about the time, energy and nice set up.

MapleOwl - I sent you a personal message, but not sure if you have Yahoo in which case I guess messages don't get through. I included a non-Yahoo address for me since my address on GL is a Yahoo address.

Please send me your name. The rescue will read your application. They have many applications for the babies, so they need your name to be able to sort through the list and find it. If you have Yahoo and didn't get my message, post some clue here that would help them find the right application (last name or first few letters of a last name). You'd think Ohio would have been enough of a clue but they couldn't find it.

Let me know that you'll agree to do a video house check. I've already said you and I could meet in Toledo. Also, if you didn't send pictures of the cage set up, would you send them to me?

I think someone there gets on GL sometimes, so I'll send a note with a link to this thread,

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu May 14, 2015 1:32 pm

Duh. I did a test note to myself. It turns out I used my gmail account name, so Mapleowl can message me.

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri May 15, 2015 7:58 am

Yay the adoption went through.

I'll pick them up after my 2 week trip to Germany. The plan was adopt piggies after Germany. Which would be the weekend of June 6th.

Yay!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri May 15, 2015 8:29 am

ARe you getting those cute little piggies??? I got lost in the narrative.

clairey

Post   » Fri May 15, 2015 11:42 am

Yay!

My heart was in my mouth reading all this. Your set up is so perfect. Are you taking all 3?

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri May 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Last email I got mentioned starting the bonding process of all 3, and transport arrangement is being discussed. :-)

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri May 15, 2015 12:43 pm

Yup I'm taking all 3. Even if Ivy doesn't get along with the baby's which she is seeming to, my cage setup is big enough I can split it into a 2X4 and a 2X3.

(That is how Linus and Rob lived for about 6 months until Robin outgrew puberty and decided he liked his next door neighbor. And yes my piggies were spoiled.)