Two adorable female babies in Michigan

clairey

Post   » Fri May 15, 2015 1:04 pm

I'm so glad Ivy is coming too. What a horrific start she had in life.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat May 16, 2015 2:41 pm

**Exhale** huge sigh of relief. :-)

Hopefully the other adopter will be able to help in other ways, too.

If anyone needs coffee money, post here (or email me through the mailer).

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun May 17, 2015 9:09 pm

Yay hooray! Post lots of pictures!

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Sat May 23, 2015 11:18 pm

I pushed for Mapleowl18 and was thankful the rescue decided that was the better home for the babies, especially because they got to stay with Ivy. The other potential adopter fosters rabbits for another rescue, but was less of a guinea pig person. She also had so many other pets, including cats plus there was no place to separate the guinea pigs from the cats. So I was very glad Mapleowl18 will get them.

It will hurt me to give them up! I am really attached to all three of them now, but it helps to know they are going to be spoiled only pets in such a nice cage set up. I have a nice cavy condo for my two (neutered) boys, but five guinea pigs would have been two too many for the cage and it isn't one I can expand.

I've been letting Ivy and the babies have time together every day. They are doing very well. Today the babies shared Ivy's cage while I cleaned their cage and Ivy shared the babies' cage while I cleaned her cage. After I finished cleaning cages, I left the cages side by side with the bars off for two hours and all three of them climbed back and forth. Ivy is a little protective of her hut, but otherwise they get along fine.

Ivy is much more bold when the little ones are around, so I've been seeing more of her. I got a package of carrot shreds. When Ivy saw the babies eating a few out of my hand, she came out of the fleece tube she loves and begged for some too. Same thing happened with wheat grass. This is a huge improvement over the last few weeks.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun May 24, 2015 8:41 am

they are lucky pigs to have you, and then to move to Mapleowl's Pig Estates :-)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun May 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Wonderful happy ending. Everyone please drive safely.

Mapleowl, please let us know how they're doing in your Chronicle!

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:09 am

I will! I'm going to restart it as soon as they get here.

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:20 pm

I am happy to report that everything went well today. I met Mapleowl18 in Toledo at 10 am. Ivy and the babies were in their new home by 1 pm. It was very sad for me, but I am glad they went to a good home. It was nice meeting Mapleowl,

Here are a few pictures I took in the last few days:

Here is how far Ivy has come. She is no longer the "invisible pig" who ran off at the sound of human footsteps and was terrified of coming out of her hut:

Here is Wheekers. Notice that she has one light brown paw and one jet black paw. I always thought that was adorable:

Here is Squeekers and her always cute face:

Good bye "my" little ones , enjoy your lovely new home:

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:20 pm

Happy news! They are all three adorable.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:06 pm

They are indeed! I'm a bit partial to Squeeker :-)

They will have a great life with Mapleowl18!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:55 am

Mapleowl18, again, thank you and bless you for giving them a wonderful home. SkittleandTwix, thank you and bless you for fostering them, especially for helping and supporting Ivy. Look at the difference. ;-)

pigwrangler

Post   » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Geez, wish I would have seen these girls a few months ago, I would have taken all of them. I am in Michigan.