Chock and Spike

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:16 am

Cleaned pigs out this morning. They are now n their play pen running about and playing. I love listening to them playing. Makes me smile every time they have floor time. its a good distraction from the mental issues goin on n my head. Think thats why i find giving them lots of floor time so rewarding. Makes for happyer cage that i do know.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:01 am

spike is bigger than chock now. Had them wayed at vet when they were getting their claws done. Spike is a kg and a half where is chock is a kg. spike has now taken the roll of alpha now which is intresting as He always use to follow and coppy chock. Now he bosses chock around a little bit but chock still knows how to tell him off with iether protest squeaks or a nip on the rump

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:37 am

I am running the pigs and they are hell bent on recking a bull rush ball right now. Doin a pretty good job of it too. Its just been replaced so lets see how long this one lasts. not very long if my two get hold of one lol

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:18 am

Glad they enjoy themselves!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:10 am

One of my pigs loves balls too. The others just want to get out of his way!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:34 pm

I have some little cat balls that rattle. I put them in the guinea pig cages but never SEE them playing with them. However, once in a while I hear a short rattle as if they'd just been nudged out of the way. Those balls must move on their own, though, because they are all over the place. I wish I could see one of the piggies toss something. Mine never let me see that. Trust me, they have a lot of toss-ables.

Maddy, is there anyway you could post some pics? I'd love to see Chock and Spike.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:25 am

I am blind and i dont have any one to take picks. Chock is called chock cause he has chocolate brown hair on his back and a ginger stomach and one black foot which is hard for the vet to cut them as the claws on that foot are black so the vain is hard to see. Chock is a teddy piggy. Spike is try coloured. He has a black patch over his left eye. He has one pink ear and one black one. His head down to his rump is white and his rump is brown. Spike is half rex coated and half abisynian so he has rosettes as well. Hope this description gives you a better idea of what my babies look like.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:28 am

Also he has one of the loudest wheeks on him i have ever heard on a pig. He sounds like two pigs lol. thats spike that is. Chock has quite a quiet wheek on him. Believe me spike makes enough racket for both pigs lol. he even dreams n wheek.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:47 am

Also spike loves running about in the play pen i have for them. They out their cage sevral times a day for play time. Makes the cage a happyer one when spikes energy s burned off otherwise he torments chock to play with him. If they havent been out cause i have had a bad night they start irritating each other. They just like little people really but furry ones.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:34 am

Piggies are happy today as they got a new bull rush ball to play with. I dont buy the wooden ones as i dont think that they look safe to be honest.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:22 pm

Your description does help. I have some vision, but it's severely compromised with diabetic complications, so I certainly sympathize there.

Spike sounds like my Scatter. I think of Scatter as my clown because he's so goofy. Since his cagemate started having problems with what we suspect are ovarian cysts, she won't let him near her most of the time. He entertains himself by nose-tossing everything moveable in the cage, lol. Give your 2 a hug & kiss for me. ;o)

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Scatter what a great name for a pig. :) what do your pigs look like