The Rt. Honorable Jessie Cress, Heir Apparrot!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:42 pm

Hello! I am Jessie Cress. I am a 6 year old Congo African Grey parrot.

Before I go any further though, may I just say what a privilege its is to be an Honorary Guinea Pig here on the world famous Guinea Lynx Chronicles Forum. I know I am following in some VIP - Very Important Pawprints. I feel truly honoured.

I moved into my New Home just over 6 weeks ago. That was a very exciting time! I received lots of welcoming gifts and cards and was made to feel really, really special

My day-job is managing our household - my Parronts plus four rather wheeky, zippy guinea pigs! First thing in the morning we all have breakfast together in The Piggery, our 5 star annexe in the garden. I like my toast not too toasted and I find it very relaxing to sit and eat it while I peer out the window watching the squirrels in the garden.

After breakfast it's time to go indoors to check all the jobs get done and after that I do a spot of parront-training - getting my mum to copy the words I say and stuff like that! She's not bad now, although she still can't make the really big sounds as big as I can get them! And sometimes, as hard as I listen, I can't a word she is saying!

To ensure my every need will be catered for I am schooling my mum in my specific needs and wants with the aid of an inteparrot tutorial course.

I'm also training her how to use the Hoover (after I have done my book-ripping and origami-shredding) and also how to make Proper Salads For Piggies. She puts the salad IN the piggy salad bowls, then I throw it about and arrange it properly.

We usually have lunch in the garden so I can catch up on the latest gossip with a few friends. There's Bob, a rather handsome Blackbird I'm quite fond of. He's my age and almost as noisy as me! And sometimes I have a quick natter with a rather rotund Robin. He has a red front a similar shade of red to my tail. He is brown all over though whereas I am 50 shades of grey. Ok, that was a bit of an exaggeration, I am nearer 20.

When I'm not out in the garden, in the utility room or going for a tour of my cottage I spend a good part of my day up my Java Tree. It has red ropes, black ropes and really scary ropes that many a parrot couldn't possibly conquer. I have perfected my climbing skills to such a degree now that dad calls me a 'little monkey'.

At 5pm I sit in my porta-parrot-cage with the door securely closed so the table can be set, the piggies can be brought in (a lot of open-doors going on, and we know what that means!) and teas can be lined up. I'm a bit impatient and if I'm not careful I start tea too soon! And it's not always MY tea I make a start on.

I like this part of the day because it's when my dad comes home. I like my dad. A lot. In fact I liked him so much when first I moved in I had to chase my mum out because it was obvious she liked him too! I bit her, and shouted at her just for good measure. I wanted her out! She didn't go though and actually it soon became apparont that it's a good job she didn't because then I would have been unemployed. Although I say it myself, I am the parrot's-feathers when it comes to training humans.

Where was I now? Oh yes, tea! When everyone is sitting down, the piggies are all lined up, and I have taken my place at the head of the table, tea is served and we all tuck in together. I'm quite a tidy eater. I'm not sure why but there's a sheet on the floor in a 6 foot radius around me. It will be for my Parronts, I've noticed them throwing their food hither and yon, messy pair! It can't be for me.

We play games round the table after tea, and sometimes we have a sing-a-long, and other times I run around the table really fast. I am also keen on books. Sometimes I take all the words out and rearrange them. I also make Jigsaw Puzzles. I carefully create intricate shapes from pictures which humans buy to fit back together again (or at least they will do once I get my internest business up and running, Jessie's Juicy Jigsaws).

Later in the evening I see to my feathers, sometimes my mum helps sort them out too which feels really nice and makes me feel all cared for. And then I go to bed with a few snacks in case I fancy a midnight feast. My boudoir is in The Piggery, minus the piggies of course because they sleep in my kitchen. It's lovely and cosy in The Piggery - the only place I can get some quality peace and quiet actually!

Here's my Boudoir.

I like it here. I've lived in two homes before my now-forever-home and believe you me, those Parronts were untrainable. I shouted very loudly but they just wouldn't listen. I kept telling them 'I'm fed up', over and over, and even now when I'm feeling a bit sensitive those very words pop out. Not often though because I am too busy saying other words. Hello, want more, owww, good girl, yoohoo, okay, messy-Jessie, step-up now, c'mon, fuff-fuff, Jessica, wheeeeee, whooooop, and a load more words and tunes too!

I feel very cared for, loved and as happy as a parrot can be!

Life really IS Magic!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Most awesome introduction, Jessie Cress! I love your full name. You've hit upon the perfect parronts for your busy, smart lifestyle. :-)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, can I come be a piggie or parrot in your household, Mildred?

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Oh, Mildred, I'm so happy to see a Chronicle I could cry. Welcome, welcome, welcome, Jessie!!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:26 pm

Where's that darn "like" button? Or the "<3" sign? Jessie, I'm sure you know this, but you are a beauty.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:02 pm

Welcome, welcome, welcome! So glad to have you here, where you belong!!

We look forward to getting to know you better - and your sweet caretaker, too ;-)

I wouldn't be surprised if a guinea pig made it into this thread now and again!
Last edited by Lynx on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:32 am

Lovely to see Jessica have a tread in the piggy chronicles. She is definitely living the pampered life. Can't wait to read more about her daily going-ons as well as catch up on what's happening with the pigs.

jacqueline

Post   » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:56 am

Congratulations Mildred and Ian. It's so nice to have someone o write stories about againa.

And Jessica - you are quite the beauty!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:33 am

aww what a lovely new adition you have to your family. Parrots can be very demanding i know that much.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:25 am

The first time I came to this thread, the pictures did not load. Did today though! I absolutely love your introduction to the Rt. Honorable Jessie Cress, Heir Apparrot! Her Boudoir looks so inviting!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:31 am

Thank you thank you and than you whooooo wheeee hello! I'm so pleased you liked my introduction - it's great to meet you all!

Sorry about all my Parrotty-pics, Lynx, glad you got them in the end!

My mum DID cry a bit, AldenM1, she was so happy to show me Guinea Lynx and get me installed here!

Thanks SO much kiss kiss kiss

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:40 am

Whooo! Jessie!! Welcome welcome!! Can't wait to see all of your adventures!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:42 am

And for those of you worrying your feathers about my Piggery, look! It's just as piggy-fied, with a little space for moi! I only actually snooze in my boudoir and I have a jolly smart privacy curtain.

Look, there's a snippet of my boudoir on the right.

And the left side is where we have our breakfast. I think there are some hidey-pigs in there too!

Here I am my lunch in the garden today.