Chock and Spike

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:33 am

The pigs have a nice clean house now. Nice to see they are making ajustments to my work lol. Maybe the hay stack isnt to their liking...

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:57 am

Went to pet shop. No houses left. New i should have picked it up when i saw it the other day. On the plus side, the pigs wont run out of hay or substraight for time! They also wont run out of bull rush balls iether as i now have four sitting in the closet and one in use.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:25 pm

I also got another bag of that food with the mint in. And a bag of forage mix that also has mint in. It also has nettle. Willo. Origano. Wild flowers its quite a big bag its made out of paper and tide with string. its made by a company called woodlands

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:16 pm

Do you have that kinda thing in the states or anywhere else. Dryed herbs for your pigs that you can buy from the pet shop.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:24 pm

I'm not sure if we have herbs we can by from pet stores in the USA. I order my food and hay online. I do buy my gerbil food at PetSmart. I'll look around next time i'm in the store, if I remember. :)

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:16 pm

tell me when your gonna go and i will remind you

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:45 am

Have just done my daily spot clean. The pigs now have a alfalfa hay and normal hay mix for a change. they are rearangeing the hay stack as i write. There i had put it in a nice tidy pyle and now its all over the place. Think they are having a rave in there. Lol

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:55 am

they have been having a rave in there. Went in to change the supplies and you should see the state of the cage!.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:41 am

Well. Means their having fun in their nice clean house. :) if my pigs are happy then so am i

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:19 am

Glad your pigs enjoy the dried herbs and having fun re-decorating their cage. My cage is an utter mess as to encourage my senior pig (who also has arthritis) to eat more hay, I have a pile under her stool so she can nibble. Of course the hay bits then gets everywhere around the cage and caught on the fleece.

I also buy the dried herbs from Burgess as a treat and sprinkle that in their hay. However, as it contains a lot of high calcium herbs, I feed it quite sparingly as a treat.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:51 am

Now they in their pen tucking in to some alfalfa timathy kings hay. they love it! They love their pen. Gives them a chance to be pigs and do what they would naturally do in the wild. Forage for hay! Cant forget the hay!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:33 am

ooo yeh and bight things that they come across in there. cant forget comunity gnaw theropy. When i had my guide dog sometimes i would get sterio gnawing. That use to do my brain in.