possible urine scald

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:19 am

Ditto bpatters. No surgery is risk-free, but this is one of the simpler ones. The lumps rarely reoccur and prognosis is usually excellent. Just do your best to find a good surgeon that has done many of them, and take good care of her postop.

meganmarie

Post   » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:50 pm

So, i got an emergency appointment at my vets today. She got the work-up: a check-up, a look at her urine, and x-rays. The checkup was fine, she's a good weight for her age and everything else on her looked fine. Her urine is fine, and i finish her antibiotics today. The x-rays were confusing, though. The vet said she was fine, that it wasn't a tumor. It was a thickening of her fatty tissue right there. He said he didn't even know how i felt that and could tell that it was different from the other side. So, all in all, we came home with a healthy Ginger, extra critical care, and a tired Megan. yay for healthy Ginger. Boo for her almost giving me a heart attack.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Glad to hear the vet visit went well and Ginger is fine. Even though you may think you were over cautious, peace of mind is really priceless.

meganmarie

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:46 am

It's happened again...and this time with blood. I turned her over, and was absolutely horrified that she had blood around her vaginal area. I panicked, called my vet. I'm waiting to hear from him now to see if he'll send bactrim down. Oh man, that was really scary to see blood on her.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:50 am

How do you know she needs bactrim? I'd want to have a vet examine her and see if there's something besides a UTI going on.

meganmarie

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:18 pm

I already have a vet appointment for the 11th. It's pretty far away, but it works with my work schedule and pay. My vet said if she doesn't get better in a few days, I HAVE to come in, no exceptions. I'm close with my vet, and he will take me if i have to run down, for a mid-week exam. But, with everything else, i have made the appointment for the 11th.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Please let us know what the vet says when you hear back from him. Best to her and to you. I really hope it's nothing that a course of Bactrim can't handle.

meganmarie

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:48 pm

He is sending bactrim down, enough to make it to her appointment. Thank you, Talishan. I hope she feels better soon, too. She seems fine---but isn't that the problem with pigs?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Always. Until they don't. And when they don't it is almost guaranteed to be at 11:30 p.m. on a Saturday night.

I'm hopeful the Bactrim will work and you won't have to run down mid-week. Be prepared for it and plan for it, though, and then it won't happen. ;-)

Keep us posted.

meganmarie

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Absolutely. I will keep you guys posted. When i saw her like that, and started to freak out, my boyfriend yelled from the other room "Go on Guinea Lynx!". haha. You guys can be my sanity sometimes.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:12 pm

BF is keeper. ;-)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:29 pm

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cute :-)