Moving Right Along: Snickerspants Part 6

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Quite interesting. I would watch for other signs. www.guinealynx.info/_cysts.html I think sometimes there are not so much cysts and severe hormonal imbalances that can cause loss of hair. There are other things that can cause hair loss but you were right to suspect ovarian cysts.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:11 pm

There is a tiny bit of redness around the edge of the patch -- not flaky, and not blistery, so it didn't look fungal. But it did look like pulling or nibbling was involved maybe.

clairey

Post   » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Does she hang out with anyone other than Snickers? She's apparently standing/lying and letting whoever do it otherwise another of your pigs would have wounds.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:53 am

I mean, the cage isn't *that* big; there's probably always another pig in the general area. I think it was Cookie, actually. She has been full of rumblepee this week and is generally acting grumpy.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:32 am

Not-My-Herd News, but sharing because babies are always a miracle and fun!

Mid-June, poor SlaveToFuzzy received a nine-pig surrender. There was a mama (Lola) and her recent litter, and another litter from another mama who stayed with the owners. In total, 3 baby females and 5 baby males, plus mama.

STF did the only reasonable thing and added one of the babies to her herd to bond with her amazing sweetie Louis.

But that wasn't the end of the news. Mama, of course, following the laws of these sorts of things, was pregnant. She must have gotten knocked up precisely one hot minute after giving birth to the last litter, too. And it has been a LONG month for all of us watching her head get smaller and smaller!

Here she is LAST WEEK.

Then last night, she suddenly popped out SIX little fluffballs of amazingness, including one runt and one GIANT.

It does seem like there's lots of interest in the newborns, again in the way of these things, so I think they've all been spoken for already. If I had a vacancy I'd snap up mama Lola...

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:43 am

Congratulations! Glad all went well! They are too cute!

clairey

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:49 am

Isn't your cage technically big enough for 5? Just sayin'. ;)

No wonder her head got so tiny.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:44 am

Totally cute!!

And thanks for your flickr conversion.
I hope flickr gets easier.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:57 am

First day out!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:37 pm

(sigh) I remember when my Fuzz was this tiny. Now she's fast catching up with the smaller of my 2 males!

These are the cutest little guys (and gals)! So little their ears look huge, lol.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Oh, my. They are so cute!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Congrats to the happy family. Glad the delivery went well. The giant does look like a pretty large pup so thank goodness Lola is well. I hope the runt is doing well too, as are everyone else. keep chomping little ones.