GAME CHANGING - Community Rights Reclaiming Democracy

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:02 am

Grass roots pitting of community rights against "corporate rights".
These videos are so clear and inspiring. If you only watch one, watch the last one. First two, maybe 15 minutes, last a half hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Prylnj4NQ8

Part 1: - Published on Feb 12, 2014
"Community Rights educator Paul Cienfuegos explains how "We The People" are exercising the authority to govern ourselves and dismantle corporate rule. When small farmers in rural Pennsylvania wanted to say "no" to a corporate factory farm coming into their community, they learned they couldn't, because it would violate the corporation's "rights" and state pre-emption laws. So they did something technically illegal - their town passed an innovative ordinance banning corporate factory farming. It worked! The corporation left town. Pittsburgh upshifted the approach: Rather than define what we don't want, define what we DO want. Their "Right to Water" stopped natural gas fracking in the city. Ordinances like this have been passed in over 150 communities in 9 states. Tune in to learn how this works. "

Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smu0x05qs58

Part 3 - Published on Aug 28, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKKsZ6dvg7g

"In 160 communities in nine states, we've been passing rights-based ordinances that strip corporations of their constitutional so-called rights; that enshrine the right of a local community to govern itself by community majority; and ban specific activities which are legal but which the community considers harmful." Community Rights organizer Paul Cienfuegos notes that the laws they're passing are illegal: "They're direct frontal assaults to unjust law, which is how real social change happens," like the American revolution and anti-slavery movement. He describes two recent laws now being challenged in major lawsuits, saying organizers are positively excited about this opportunity."
Last edited by Lynx on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:22 am

Thanks Lynx. More and more states are essentially banning local control over local issues. Everyone across the political spectrum needs to take heed. Citizens are the losers when multinational corporations call the shots. We're just a resource to exploit in their eyes. Our lives are not relevant.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:57 pm

I should have titled it, "Local Communities Dismantling Corporate Rule" (how the videos are titled). As you hear described what they are doing and showing how they are succeeding, it just makes so much sense -

They are essentially forcing companies to claim they have more rights than we do in court. We, the people. This is a brilliant solution that is working.

One of the companies suing to (I think) do fracking, had to submit a report to their share holders. In it, they recognized the power of this movement and the danger to all corporations everywhere.

It just makes so much sense.

I hope it spreads like wild fire.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:06 am

This is truly interesting and definitely something I'd like to see happen! I'm going to post these three items on my FB page and see if I can "spread the word" that way.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:43 am

I hope many people spread the word and get involved locally! It can be hard to do it yourself but I certainly would fully support anyone locally who would start something like this.

GPIG

Post   » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:53 am

I love this, I'm involved!

Directly after my MARSOC Training (which was rather ironic) we were directed to a seminar in which the Posse Comitatus Act was to be explained to us. From the first minute I objected, saying no one is to or has the right to explain what Posse Comitatus is to me.

I hold it sacred and every individual here has taken an indirect oath to do the same whether they know it or not and that's why it works. But I can tell you, there are many working to erode the Act.

We were given the nightmare scenario of a week of rioting targeting all banks, pharmacies and gas stations on every corner across America. I was asked what do you think about that smartass? From this like 6’7” 4’ wide jug head guerilla.

I simply explained if that’s the way it were to go than that's the way it goes and no military person has any legal authority to intervene, him included.

Wheekers3

Post   » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:42 am

Very interesting.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:50 pm

If no one who has posted on this thread has any objections, I will be moving it to the new forum.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:28 pm

I think the new forum would handle this nicely.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:07 pm

I think so too!

10 posts • Page 1 of 1