New Owner Preparing to Adopt

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:30 am

Excellent. Keep us posted and have a great time in the meantime!!

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm another person with terrible cat allergies but none to guinea pigs. If you mention the allergy concern to the rescue, they may let you take them back if a problem develops in a week or two.

Yet another good reason to go through a rescue is that you can ask for advice down the road about the piggies' health or other concerns.

Hk5

Post   » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:44 pm

We brought home 2 young boys from the rescue on Thursday! No allergy issues detected yet. Piggies are settled in and we're getting used to handling them, etc. Biggest challenge is telling the kids, "Quit watching those pigs and come eat your dinner!" or "You can feed them tomorrow, it's someone else's turn today." Who knew there would be a race to see who would wake up the earliest so they could refill a water bottle. Lots of advice from and a visit with slavetofuzzy was an excellent help getting us started.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:53 pm

I'm so happy for you! I'd never had anything smaller than a cat until a little over 2 yrs ago, when I adopted my first guinea pig. I now have 5, and am craving more, lol.

I'm also glad you have such a close source of help.

Congrats, and post pics in the photo thread when you can. It's "random piggy pics" or something like that.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:45 pm

Congratulations! We'd love to see pictures :-)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:51 am

"Who knew there would be a race to see who would wake up the earliest so they could refill a water bottle."

That won't last long. ;-) It'll be you filling it before too long -- but I know StF told you that.

I'm in the area too -- so don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.

Congratulations!! Know that you have made a huge difference in the lives of four beings by adopting -- the two you adopted, and the two that StF can now help because you and your family gave her the space.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:57 pm

This was a great match! Wonderful family who is very eager to learn! I look forward to hearing about the pigs and how they are enriching this family's lives!