The babies have arrived

cea2001

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:40 pm

Alfie, I think ´Crow Eater´ refers to the diet of early South Australian settlers - yum!

LynnK

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:06 pm

yes chyna they are adorable my neice has a very sweet little one to I hope to have pics soon.

chyna_mn

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:33 am

well it´s official... i´ve determined the sexes. Alfie is a girl so Alphia and the other one is a boy so he´s Oscar. I was really hoping they´d be the same sex =( but there´s nothing I can do about it! now to convince the husband Oscar needs a friend when he gets bigger... hmmm anyone in mn got a baby boy that´ll be ready in about 3 weeks?! lol

Just thought you guy´s would like to know the sexes =)

pinta

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:51 am

What state is mn?

mon

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:29 am

Do you american folk have nicknames for the people of different states???

ladyveg

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:21 am

MN is Minnesota (home of Jack Pine Guinea Pig Rescue, of course). Chyna, must it be a baby?

Jill

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:46 am

Mon, the only state related nicknames I can think of are Cheeseheads for Wisconsin (the state produces cheese.....and I believe Lynx originates from there). In Michigan people who reside in the Upper Peninsula (UP for short) are called Yoopers. Residents of the Lower Peninsula are called Trolls by the Yoopers because they live under the bridge - meaning south of the Mackinac Bridge which connects the two peninsulas.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:59 am

I´ll bet there are alot of nicks we are just not familiar with. How about Longhorns? They gotta call those annoying New Yorkers something too, no [hey, just kidding]?

mon

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:01 am

Well that´s interesting. So you´re a cheesehead, hey Lynx? Well I´m a banana bender! I still don´t know what that´s supposed to mean.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:49 am

Right now there are six different kinds of cheese in my refrigerator. Now one of them (the feta) has been there for some time, begging to be opened and the package is a bit bloated looking (makes for better cheese, no?). My dastardly family has gone vegetarian on me this year and all I have is cheese, eggs, beans and tvp to offer (they will eat those products). So a cheese head for sure for the time being. My husband is a cheesehead too.

mon

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:42 pm

I love cheese! Although all I have is cheddar in the fridge at the moment! Actually there´s barely anything in the fridge as we haven´t been grocery shopping for some time. I love feta, jarlseburg (sp?), camembert and the list could go on.