Scott Walker's Record in Wisconsin

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:12 pm

We knew it at the time, but now there is proof that Walker was behind the proposed legislation that would have made politicians exempt from open records laws. This man does not want a transparent government, and no wonder! His administrations have been corrupt! Not just my opinion, it has been settled in the courts with John Doe I. That is why they were so eager to shut down John Doe II.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:48 pm

Interesting article in Salon written by formerly-conservative man from a blue collar family about his journey through education: it mentions Walker's edit of the Wisconsin Idea.

Crazy4me

Post   » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:17 pm

Just an observation. I had a discussion with a friend and he had mentioned that Walker says he is pro-life, but in reality he isn't as it is ok to abort a fetus at 20 weeks or less.

You are either pro-life or you are pro-choice. Walker is so wishy-washy, and talks on both sides of his mouth. He really hasn't helped Wisconsin, which includes jobs!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:38 pm

It seems so Walkerish to do all you can to hide the evil you do.

And interesting article in Salon! I admire the writer.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:01 am

Abortion is a very powerful and problematic wedge issue. It seems like one of those things where if the Devil himself said he would ban abortions (irrespective of what else he would do, as the Devil), there would be people who would vote for him.

It is a legal medical procedure and nobody should be legislating what legal medical procedure anyone should have. If you need an appendectomy, you don't want Christian Scientists in the government preventing any kind of medical care. If you need a transfusion, you don't Jehovah's Witnesses in the government preventing you from receiving one.

If someone doesn't believe in having an abortion, they shouldn't have one, and they should work to help prevent unwanted pregnancies, eliminate poverty and fight for women's rights. They shouldn't shut down a necessary medical procedure from being performed as needed.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:04 am

And regarding the heavily edited planned parenthood video, Rebecca Watson does a bang up job addressing it.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/07/31/1407462/-Rebecca-Wa ... cking-Idiots

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:09 pm

I am glad they are hammering at him. Off to read the article!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:19 am

Interesting link, Lynx. Similar to the approach of the NPR smear, although with very different content. Right Wing is so good at smears - swift boats, whitewater, willie horton, Dan Rather, etc.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:43 pm

WPR article about how Walker's campaign rhetoric is at odds with his record. Don't just listed to what he says. Research what he has DONE. He'll say anything.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:20 pm

It seems this is modus operandi for all too many politicians! (off to read your article)

Edit: Nice and clear and easy to follow.

The commenters call him for what what he does - Walker lies.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:55 am

A pretty good article that discusses Walker's private/public "partnership" jobs organization that he created, he was titular head of, and which failed pretty spectacularly.

Is this the kind of person you want making decisions at the Federal level? I say no. Incompetent, vindictive, partisan. Only in it for the money.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:17 pm

In case you're following the John Doe issues (which are complex and John Doe I focuses on Walker as County Exec of MKE Co), here is an interesting article that refutes all Walker's talking points about how the investigation was initiated.

Short version: Walker is not honest.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:58 pm

No kidding! I hope he gets nowhere near the Republican nomination!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:43 am

Story about the ramifications of Walker killing high speed rail and losing the state a bucketload of money, a lot of jobs, and a 21st century transit system in a very busy travel corridor.

This guy is all about divide and conquer, and he has no problem spending taxpayer money as long as it goes to his donors (see new Buck's Arena deal).

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:11 am

And another: This outlines Walker's ties with ALEC back over 10 years, when he was in the WI state legislature.

ALEC is extremely dangerous, well-funded, and bent upon buying up every politician at every level in this country.

Read and be afraid.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:09 am

That is EXACTLY the link I was going to post!

Seems there was a big push a couple of years ago to get corporations out of ALEC (a primary climate change denier and supporter of dismantling EARNED BENEFIT programs like Social Security and Medicare.

I see that State Farm was active a couple years ago (my insurance company of 40 or so years). I wrote them hoping to find out if they are still members of ALEC, don't yet know. They might not own up to it. http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/ALEC_Corporations Roland Spies of State Farm was on the board of directors.

I quit buying Angel Soft bath tissue because of the Kochs.

These companies have reportedly cut their ties to ALEC:
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Corporations_that_Have_Cut_Ties_to_ALEC

State Farm did quit airing commercials on Limbaugh's program after an uproar a while back ("Flush Rush").

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:27 pm

I figure if Walker manages to snatch the nomination away from Jeb! (or Trump, although that is certainly a longshot), anyone who wants to know about his frightening record can just check this thread!

Wheekers3

Post   » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:22 pm

I am a reader too SF. Quiet yes, but reading and abhoring along the way.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:20 pm

Ho-lee-crap. Walker compares inspecting Iran's nuclear facilities to raising teen boys - you can have friends over, even girls, but THE DOOR TO YOUR BEDROOM IS OPEN, YOU HEAR ME?

70 posts