The Rt. Honorable Jessie Cress, Heir Apparrot!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Well that was quite the adventure for both human and feathered kind. I must say that Jessie seems to be blossoming - her feathers are looking quite wonderful and vibrant.

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:54 pm

Ian was probably more traumatized than Jessie.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Here I am again, just when you thought I'd gone for good! The thing is I have been very busy, working my talons to the bone (actually, I have been sharpening them again but don't tell my parronts) doing all sorts of jobs.

When I was here the other day I mentioned how fond I was of my rather splendid red tail, and Auntie Lynx commented how good it would look in her kitchen, the cheek of it! But, being me - a sharing kind of parrot, I shed a feather there and then especially for Lynx. That wasn't the end of it, oh no!, I then I had the lengthy task of wrapping it all up to post. Now, this isn't a job that comes easily to someone who is more at home unwrapping, shredding and ripping up anything made of paper!

And I even read the instructions! it says here, DO NOT BEND.

But . . . but . . . I don't bend, not even a little bit, not even AT ALL! How confusing!

Helllooooooo! (that is my favourite, best ever word, by the way!), hellooooo! Daddy, can YOU wrap this, please?

Unless you've been in my feathers you will have NO IDEA of how difficult everyday human tasks can be for a little bird like your's truly.

Take this tap, for instance. It looks fairly unassuming, doing it's own thing . .

Until you turn it ON!

Swoooooosh! Oh NO!

Daaaaad! HELP again!

I don't know, everything here is all geared up for humans, not parrots. How strange, wouldn't you agree?!

Pippipig

Post   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Such an injustice. Our senior dog is especially frustrated with the height of peoples beds. He thinks that people beds should be lower to the ground.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Yes! Yes! I have a precious feather!

I can't thank you enough, Jessie! A lovely shade of RED with a nice squared off tip!

I am so honoured!!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Wowza. That is pretty awesome.

tashab

Post   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:38 pm

Lucky you, Lynx!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:57 pm

I will try to remember to post a picture of it in its jewel encrusted box :-)

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:47 am

Wow, she is smart!

rshevin

Post   » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:56 am

Dear Jesse,
I hope you are well and receiving the appropriate amount of neck rubbins.
Sincerely,
Bubba

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:40 am

Hello there, it's Posy Pig here - I am the new spokes-pig for the team here in The Piggery.

You will be wondering why Jessie isn't writing, and I won't keep you guessing. Jess has gone to a new home. I know you will find this very hard to believe, we ourselves are all very, very, very, very sad today (she only went yesterday) and we are missing her terribly. Me especially, because we often enjoyed a bit of banter and gossip when we got the chance.

The thing was, our mum kept getting uri's, coughs and swollen eyes, and although she kept saying it 'was nothing', it wasn't, it was 'something'. She was itchy too and almost lost her voice (which reminded her of that time she DID loose it, for SIX months) and we soon realised it was an allergy. It started when Jess arrived but we all pretended it wasn't happening. After some testing and back-and-forthing, we found out it was a dander-dust and feather allergy.

My mum and daddy had to weigh up all the pros and cons (be better weighing me some salad up, but there you go) and then we all got together for a Pig Meeting. Then, based on all the facts it was decided Jess would have a better life at her new, very special, 5 star home.

She packed a very big bag, all her posh swings and ropes, one final Kabob, books, toys and favourite food - and her piggy-pack-o-parrot bag of course, and off she went.

We've already heard from her, she says it's very nice there and we are not to worry a bit.

Today isn't very nice, we miss her so much, but we know we have all done The Right Thing.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:35 am

!!!

We too will miss her so much. It isn't often we have such an esteemed by all, Honorary Parrot come into the fold! I know she captured your family's heart. Getting to know Jessie was a pleasure for all of us.

Glad to see you, Posy Pig. As spokes pig, I hope you have always Good Reports and perhaps some Adventures along the way.