Pigjes Pigs Piggadise Part Poo ... erm ... Two!

Pippipig

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Love it.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:02 am

Found some great cheap rabbit cardboard houses with free shipping on AliExpress. They lasted 3 weeks, the last week only the roofs were up. I did not use them in one go though, so the pigs would not be bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRBjP7g ... e=youtu.be

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:08 am

Wow them rabbit houses sound fantastic! Bet you have to get them online right? Everything is by online these days. call me old before my time hahaha but i liked it when you could go to a shop and feel things. Maybe thats to do with me being blind though. i miss the shops!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:22 am

I can fully understand in your case, Maddy_harper! To me, online shopping is a blessing, because I am disabled, partly in the mobility department. I can walk and drive short distances only.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm in the same situation, pigjes, except I can't drive anymore either. I hate that more than anything.

I do love your videos!! I can't see the last one, though. I get the message it's private.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:56 am

Something went wrong when I changed the audio as usual, apparently, it unpublished itself. You can now view the vid! Thanks for telling me!

We noticed that the past weeks Plucky enjoys to get watered by the bottle by hand, which happens normally once a day. Hub always does that for 2 reasons: first, it means we can water the pigs if they are ill. Second, Plucky wants watering each time she gets a piece of the Oxbow Digestive Support tablets, as they are very dry and she wants her mouth rinsed upfront or otherwise she refuses a piece. All the pigs eat them with gusto, but she needs them actually very much.

Yesterday, she even gestured me to water her, she never did that before, so I asked why and told her she can drink by herself. So, she gestured twice that the bottle was hanging too low for her. This really baffled me! We raised the bottles and she was ever so pleased! Must be her older age making her neck not so agile anymore. Will keep an eye out for arthritis, but she's very active and popcorning, so no worries yet.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:09 am

Yiyi caught my attention by pacing back and forth. I asked her what was wrong. She scurried from one corner to the next, each time halting and raising her head to me, as if she said “See?” I quickly noticed that the pigs heftily redecorating the cage had actually blocked her in one end of the cage, although she could have bumped the soft strawberry aside. She was ever so pleased that I freed her. I also instantly rearranged the cage in a way that this kind of overzealous architectural bursts could not make this happen again.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:10 am

Ha! Glad you were there to "free" her!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:16 pm

We had a bit of a rise in disputes in the cage the past weeks. Out of experience, I know it's lack of space. That might sound silly, given the size of the cage, but we added another grid in length, it's now back to it's original size since we live here. As soon as the length was added, the disputes stopped!

Also, Yuyu decided to become a bit bossy about the hay bin. Despite that it is rabbit sized, she just chased the others out. She is not as bad as Kooky was, she guarded it like a lion, lol, but it had to be solved. An entrance was made in a large box and now there is no more chasing.

This offered the opportunity to use the new melamine bowls, which have the same inner size as the old bowls, but the rim is much smaller, so they take up less space. It also offers a spot for putting some green oats, which ruin my fleece fast. The "flowers" leave behind sharp fibers each time, which does not come out at all. The concrete tiles go in too, so the nails are trimmed a bit, reducing clipping sessions. They clean easily, so this box is a hit!

Pigs happy, us happy too!

serelixyue

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:40 am

So much glam...all that hair...I love looking at your pig cage setup, KJ.

jacqueline

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:18 am

Nice problem solving. They do get fussy about room - especially boys! Yuyu is still soooo cute.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am

Thanks both!

Seeing what Photobucket did with the quality of the pics, I decided not to use it again.

We found a mini pea sized lump on Yuyu. As it grew a tiny bit over the past 14 days, we decided to deal with it ourselves, because caretakers can be much more gentle in these cases than a vet on a schedule.

It went well, she behaved admirably, despite the procedure. They know we always help them, even if it's with something they don't understand yet. She only complains mildly when it gets flushed twice a day, it's already improving well.