Continuing Life In The Pigpen

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:42 am

Your pics are great! I am pretty sure Simon will be a calendar guy!!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:23 am

I love the dewlap picture!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:32 am

Lips! Lips! I love the lips!

clairey

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:21 pm

:)

Simon is the easiest to photograph pig ever.

Intros were going to happen tomorrow but it might be put off til Sunday. Bobs isn't having a good day today and how he is has a knock-on to any plans. It's been a couple of weeks since he had an off day. With any luck this will be the same and he'll bounce back soon. He's off his veggies but I presented him with a heap of corn husks and he's valiantly demolishing those. He's been eating hay too. If he's not feeling great I don't want to upset his world and swap the cages round just to suit the younger guys though.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Wait who's getting introduced? I thought Simon was meant for graham?

clairey

Post   » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:08 am

That's right. But if they get on it means Graham and Simon moving into the 'main' 2x4 that Bobs is in and Bobs would have to move next door to Graham's 2x3. I feel really guilty for some reason about moving Bobs.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:12 am

I am sure you will do the best you can for your pigs. Its difficult not feeling guilty though. Pigs are very good at making you feel guilty i have found :)

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:20 am

Simon is absolutely gorgeous - and he knows it!

clairey

Post   » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:36 am

Too right, Maddy.

Oh he certainly knows it, Mildred. Quite the snowflake this one.

Intros have been ongoing for the past hour.

Simon is, as I thought, a Slytherin. He has no interest in Graham thus far (except that Graham please respect his personal space) and his interpig communication is rather, um, combative.

Graham is trying his best to be good but he does love proximity.

Both are eating like horses which seems to be pig for 'Do I look bothered? I am so not bothered.'

Only one dustpan intervention so far but I don't really expect a great result today. I'll give it another few hours though.

clairey

Post   » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Oh Stephen, where art thou?

Definitely my most fraught intro. That said, it wasn't too bad. Like, as far as I know, no one is bleeding.

It's not a success by any stretch yet. They got tired out several times during the floor part but it took almost 4 hours before they napped within a foot of each other. Until then it had been as far apart as possible. I grabbed that moment to put them in their new cage. The same blanket from intros is in the cage.

Dominance is not established but I know with Stephen and Bobbins it took a few days. Simon is mostly getting out of Graham's way or going to nip him. Graham seems a bit confused that Simon doesn't know the steps to the friendship dance. Simon is a truly 'Alan-y' pig in that respect. There's been one scuffle since they went in the cage and they're currently taking it in turns to be in the hay bin or nap at the other end of the cage. :/

I have pics but I feel like I'd be jinxing what is a tense situation by posting them just now.

I'll be sleeping on the sofa tonight. The pig shampoo etc are all in the bathroom ready for a buddy bath if anything kicks off.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Fingers crossed for Simon! He's a handsome lad. :·)

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:03 pm

I hope the intros go well. Your boys are so handsome!